Ryzen stutter in older games?

I have x370 k4 and R5 1600 on Win10, Ryzen balanced power plan. I sold my gpu to miners and now I am using ATI 7770 until rx 580 becomes available. I decided to try some older games but it them I expirianced micro (0,5s stuttering):

I tryed:

Morrowind - very often microstuttering

Operation flashpoint: red river - microstuttering

Jade empire - Has slighty microstuttering

Metal gear rising - have stuttering but only in action intension scenes

Also stutter include fps fall.

Also I try some more demanding:

Bioshock Infinite - no stuttering

Metro Last light - no stuttering, tested only 30mn, not sure yet

Outlast: whistleblower - no stuttering, tested 40mn

I tryed some with High perfomance mode same situation.

So ryzen ist ment to play older games or some of my hardware is broken?

Do you think if I run AIDA64 stress test for 1hour and if I dont see any fall in gpu/cpu usage than stuttering in that games is very likely because win10?

Graphics card running out of VRAM?

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Try playing the games in Windows Compatibility mode with the version that was out at time of the release for those games. I have to do this for Fallout 3 to even work so this could help. Also could be from older games just not being optimized for a high core count. Think about it, when Morrowind came out Pentiums were Intels most powerful chip. And from the looks of you having no stuttering in newer games that supports my theory a little more because those newer games like having more cores and threads to work with. 

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

26 minutes ago, ringo said:

I have x370 k4 and R5 1600 on Win10, Ryzen balanced power plan. I sold my gpu to miners and now I am using ATI 7770 until rx 580 becomes available. I decided to try some older games but it them I expirianced micro (0,5s stuttering):

I tryed:

Morrowind - very often microstuttering

Operation flashpoint: red river - microstuttering

Jade empire - Has slighty microstuttering

Metal gear rising - have stuttering but only in action intension scenes

Also stutter include fps fall.

Also I try some more demanding:

Bioshock Infinite - no stuttering

Metro Last light - no stuttering, tested only 30mn, not sure yet

Outlast: whistleblower - no stuttering, tested 40mn

I tryed some with High perfomance mode same situation.

So ryzen ist ment to play older games or some of my hardware is broken?

Do you think if I run AIDA64 stress test for 1hour and if I dont see any fall in gpu/cpu usage than stuttering in that games is very likely because win10?

Ryzen is problematic, especially with older games. A couple of friends tried to run older games on their machines, but couldn't even start them.

They tried multiple solutions, but nothing worked so they gave up on ryzen.

The 7770 only has 1gb of memory.  Did those games work with the card that you sold?

30 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

Graphics card running out of VRAM?

I don`t think so, than Bioshock Infinite and Metro LL would stutter.

27 minutes ago, Ophidio said:

Try playing the games in Windows Compatibility mode with the version that was out at time of the release for those games. I have to do this for Fallout 3 to even work so this could help. Also could be from older games just not being optimized for a high core count. Think about it, when Morrowind came out Pentiums were Intels most powerful chip. And from the looks of you having no stuttering in newer games that supports my theory a little more because those newer games like having more cores and threads to work with. 

I forgot to say that Morrowind and Jade empire I run in compatibillity mode (XP or win7, can`t remember), for Operation flashpoint don`t remember.

5 minutes ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

Ryzen is problematic, especially with older games. A couple of friends tried to run older games on their machines, but couldn't even start them.

They tried multiple solutions, but nothing worked so they gave up on ryzen.

I think this is the main problem of Win10.

I just want to know is my Ryzen build working correctly...

2 minutes ago, cpuwaiy said:

The 7770 only has 1gb of memory.  Did those games work with the card that you sold?

Haven`t tried that games with my previous card, VRAM is not a problem here.

Several things what is your ram setup? I found that i had skips all the time in games such as Tropico 4 until i made sure my ram is stable at its rated speeds once i fixed that issue no stuttering in any game happen even at 3Ghz. 

From the games you listed even a 7770 should do the job fine but what GPU do you have?

To test memory follow the steps below 

To sum it up download memtest make sure it gets to 1000% coverage( i had my memory fail at 800% several times so really want 1000% coverage) 

http://www.overclock.net/t/1628751/official-amd-ryzen-ddr4-24-7-memory-stability-thread

10 minutes ago, jdwii said:

Several things what is your ram setup? I found that i had skips all the time in games such as Tropico 4 until i made sure my ram is stable at its rated speeds once i fixed that issue no stuttering in any game happen even at 3Ghz. 

From the games you listed even a 7770 should do the job fine but what GPU do you have?

To test memory follow the steps below 

To sum it up download memtest make sure it gets to 1000% coverage( i had my memory fail at 800% several times so really want 1000% coverage) 

http://www.overclock.net/t/1628751/official-amd-ryzen-ddr4-24-7-memory-stability-thread

Where can I see the RAM setup, timmings and other? Long story short, I must download HCI Memtest for Windows and run to get 1000% coverage?

Yes and i actually did 1500% for my setup do it at night or something or when you are away from your PC. Run 16 cases of memtest how much ram do you have? If 16GB set each one to use 850mb of ram. 

Can you tell me what the exact kit of memory you are running and at what settings?

17 minutes ago, jdwii said:

https://postimg.org/image/938x61ifn/

This is my ram test for example. 

My RAM is: Crosair 2x8gb - 3200mhz, running currently on 2133mhz

I need to open memtest 16 times, one for each GB of ram? Can you please explain this to me, in short?

Capture.PNG

Sure just open 16 memtest at once and set all to 850 that way most of your ram is being tested. 

But since you said the speed of which your memory is running 

If you make sure you have the most up to date BIOS for your board try setting your ram to 3200mhz first and then keep lowering it to you get to something higher you should be able to get 2933mhz at least with your memory now if the BIOS is up to date. 

Just test for example my memory can do 3066mhz fine now with the latest update at 1500% coverage as the picture i showed proves but at 3200mhz it fails after about 800%. 

I expect your memory to do the same you did pay for 3200 after all. You are basically crippling your ryzen experience at that memory speed 

1 minute ago, jdwii said:

Just test for example my memory can do 3066mhz fine now with the latest update at 1500% coverage as the picture i showed proves but at 3200mhz it fails after about 800%. 

I expect your memory to do the same you did pay for 3200 after all. You are basically crippling your ryzen experience at that memory speed 

OK, I will leave it on night, so open 16 times memtest, put every of that to the value of 850 and press start testing 16 times :) My board is still no good enough to catch 3200mhz, it has big problems with that, still waiting for the future bios.

what board do you own? Also yeah that's all you have to do if it fails at 2133 then i'll feel really bad for you :(

8 minutes ago, jdwii said:

what board do you own? Also yeah that's all you have to do if it fails at 2133 then i'll feel really bad for you :(

Asrock x370 K4, board officialy has only 2933 support, it is a rumor that it became EOL >:(

That's a very nice board i wish i had that board hey it does say "Update AGESA to 1.0.0.6a" on the bios have you done that update? 

I don't even have that yet i just have the 1.0.0.6 update. You really should be able to run your memory at 2933 at least with that bios update and get a free and needed 10%-15% boost in performance. 

Nice looking board but if it is EOL that probably means no support for Zen2. I have bios 2.5 with agesa 1.0.0.6, still havent put the latest bios, that new bios came out yesterday, nobody with that bios haven`t got stable 3200mhz, even 2933 is a hard to get with latest bios. When some more update came I will install it when it is all optimized.

It's probably more to do with D3D9 than anything. That's where a lot of older games have issues with Windows 10. I'd try downloading an older rendition, honestly.

you can always test VSync to eliminate stutter in the meanwhile. 

No errors in Ram. Also yesterday I tested it in Mafia 2 (50mn - no stuttering) and Xcom enemy within (30mn - no stuttering). Forgot to say that every stutter in those old games include a small fps fall, at least I think, if it matters.

test.PNG

I noticed now couple of stuttering in mafia 2, game was capped to 60fps, stuttering happens when fps for a second fall to 57fps.

Is this normal score for this cpu? R 1600 stock - 3.4ghz, cpuz version 1x79 x64

cpu.PNG

I tryed some setting in mafia 2. Even with medium settings on 1024*768 resolution I get fps drops. Is this game problem or what?

Part of the issue i think is the 1600 is clocked low and you are running it with 2133mhz memory.  

I can't believe nothing higher will work not even 2666? 

Ryzen seems to perform around Sandy-Ivy in many older titles which is fine since in most cases that is still a lot of power for 60fps.