Business VPN Servers

Hi guys and gals, 

I'm just starting my study in I.T. and while I realise that what I am about to ask will be covered at some point; I was wondering if there was any Linus or other YouTuber that has done a video on business VPN servers where the VPN is hosted at the business house. I've looked at a few Server 2012 videos but no one seems to be doing any coverage on commercial VPN solutions. 

Any pointers would be really appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Argetlam

https://www.softether.org/

That is only window server i have fiddle around with, actually not a bad. It supports IPSEC/OPENVPN. 

Magical Pineapples

We are using Cisco AnyConnect

Q: How many prolog programmers does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: Yes.

depends on the firewall that your using, Dell SonicWALL for instance has it's own VPN Solution, which is Aptly named Dell SonicWALL GVC (global VPN Client) which works off of a preshared key built into the firewall. no key - no access... 

It can also be tied into a two factor authentication method such as an RSA key or mobile app if you so choose. 

SImply put though you will need to find a VPN solution that you want to use, then install the software on the server, or enable the role in server manager, create a new VLAN for the VPN service, then ensure that the ports in the firewall are forwarded correctly to the VPN server. 

Setup the NAT in the firewall solution that you are using to make sure that only the resources on the network that your looking to use are accessible, over VPN, and make sure that you have the IP Address range, scope and subnet set in your DNS on your domain controller, to issue the IP address on DHCP. 

If you want to give only certain users access to the VPN  then you can set settings in the active directory via the OU, and GPO.

(Please note it's sunday morning and I am not at all being technical with this at the moment!)