Unusual CPU temperatures in summer

Go to solution Solved by Septimus,

If it's uncomfortable for your system, I can't imagine how it'd be comfortable for you either lol. 

If you have more fans available, even large fans meant for cooling rooms, just stick that somewhere in the room to help circulate the air and cool stuff down. 

My AMD 8350 idles at 80 degrees under full load which is rather incoherent knowing that my temps were always below 60 at worst. Now temperatures in this country during summer are usually around 42 scorching degrees centigrade, so is this the primitive reason to why my CPU is this hot? 

Well is it 42 degrees in the room where you're system is? Assuming it is, then that could very well be the problem. The warmer the air around the system is, the less effective the cooling of the components is going to be. 

Just now, Septimus said:

Well is it 42 degrees in the room where you're system is? Assuming it is, then that could very well be the problem. The warmer the air around the system is, the less effective the cooling of the components is going to be. 

Thanks for the reply! 

I guess I wasn't wrong. I'm going to see if I can cool the room down *hopefully* and see if I can find any significant difference. 

If it's uncomfortable for your system, I can't imagine how it'd be comfortable for you either lol. 

If you have more fans available, even large fans meant for cooling rooms, just stick that somewhere in the room to help circulate the air and cool stuff down. 

Just now, Septimus said:

I'll be doing that to see if I can reduce the temperature. My pc and I are both uncomfortable, lol.

I might even try reapplying thermal compound to see if that'll help. 

1 minute ago, killercroc said:

I might even try reapplying thermal compound to see if that'll help. 

Was the thermal compound applied during the same time that CPU was released? If so, I'd at least take the cooler off and take a look at it, it may be time to reapply some thermal compound. 

I actually got it a year later after its release, so that's why I am curious to know if that's also an attribute to the problem.

here's the thing: ambient temperature goes up 1°c, system temperature goes up 1°c.

if summers are such a killer over there, would and aircon be a possibility?

We do have an ac, but it's broken due to overusage..

1 minute ago, killercroc said:

then get one that doesnt suck. at work we used a cheapo portable unit for like 2 weeks straight 24/7 to keep a half finished (but fully fitted) serverroom running at least a margin below tjmax :P

Just now, manikyath said:

then get one that doesnt suck. at work we used a cheapo portable unit for like 2 weeks straight 24/7 to keep a half finished (but fully fitted) serverroom running at least a margin below tjmax :P

I'm actually going to get it fixed soon, so it'll hopefully be able to cool the room down, xD

2 minutes ago, killercroc said:

I'd say the very high temps are probably a combination of the high temps and maybe inadequate thermal paste. In my country it also gets up to 40 degrees and my i5 under load was going over 90 degrees. I reapplied the thermal paste and that solved the issue. If all else fails I would recommend getting a cheap aftermarket cooler and that would easily solve the issue.

10 minutes ago, david cassar said:

I'd say the very high temps are probably a combination of the high temps and maybe inadequate thermal paste. In my country it also gets up to 40 degrees and my i5 under load was going over 90 degrees. I reapplied the thermal paste and that solved the issue. If all else fails I would recommend getting a cheap aftermarket cooler and that would easily solve the issue.

The sketchy thing is that; I do have an aftermarket cooler, but it's not all that good. Although it barely makes any audible noise, it still isn't all that decent I'd say.

6 minutes ago, killercroc said:

The sketchy thing is that; I do have an aftermarket cooler, but it's not all that good. Although it barely makes any audible noise, it still isn't all that decent I'd say.

Is it better than the stock cooler though? 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

22 minutes ago, killercroc said:

Could you show a picture of it? 

Sorry for the delay. These are the pictures of my nasty unorganized pc with the fan being the main focus :P 

@DildorTheDecent I noticed some advantages over the stock cooler in terms of it being inaudible and can be good enough to withstand overclock, but not as of this moment I guess.

20170715_230701.jpg

20170715_230716.jpg

20170715_230733.jpg

It looks like the CPU cooler is fairly dusty; how long have you gone without cleaning it? I'm not saying it's a magic fix, but if you clean the fans and heatsinks on your CPU cooler with some compressed air, you may see some improvement in cooling.