Motherboard froze While downloading UEFI Update

So unlucky me got his new Pc today installed all drivers (except for geforce experience), played some games installed antivirus software etc, run aida 64 to stress test(1 hour) all components no problems (the intel stock cooler is surprisingly efficent and quiet lol) but sudenly i got an "Memory Management Blue Screen" while gaming so i restarted went into the Bios (Asrock 110M DSG) and searched for Updates et voila there is a new update for RAM compatibility so i use the Internet flash to download it.

Now it has been stuck at 51% (mouse froze) for about half an hour and i am just sitting here wondering what to do.

index.jpg

Edited by Buddelbox
Typo

It's only just downloading the firmware - I don't think it's installing yet, so it's probably safe to unplug the PC.

in any case, that's probably your only options, as these things don't usually unfreeze.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

ok i did what you said everything went fine but now it wants me to insert a usb drive, why? didnt it download the updates already?

5 minutes ago, Buddelbox said:

ok i did what you said everything went fine but now it wants me to insert a usb drive, why? didnt it download the updates already?

Go to your motherboards website, download the firmware, and put it on the flash drive and then try running it.

Tech enthusiast and CS Student

i just plugged in an empty usb d rive and the bios made a backup befor rebooting

6 minutes ago, Buddelbox said:

i just plugged in an empty usb d rive and the bios made a backup befor rebooting

As you should always back up !

Everything ok now PC rebooted a few times, now the only issue i have is the geforce driver currently downloading with a speed of 20kb/s

4 hours ago, Buddelbox said:

Everything ok now PC rebooted a few times, now the only issue i have is the geforce driver currently downloading with a speed of 20kb/s

Is everything downloading slowly or is it just geforce?

just geforce, Steam is downloading with juicy 6 mb/s