EKWB Kit

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

-snip-

I'm still a fan of the a240g but this conversation will go no where and I started insulting you, srry about that.

I still think it's a good budget option and only time will tell.

Out of curiosity do you have a custom loop?

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Just now, Damascus said:

I'm still a fan of the a240g but this conversation will go no where and I started insulting you, srry about that.

I still think it's a good budget option and only time will tell.

Out of curiosity do you have a custom loop?

No I don't, I'm using an AIO.

I bought an "expandable AIO" a while ago and customized it a bit, but was disappointed in the noise even though it is one of the quietest ones.

I went back to using the AIO and am now saving up and planning to build a full custom loop in the next few years, with a D5 pump, because anything else is too loud.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just chiming in with my opinion. To me the Fluid gaming kits seems like they're really good value. It costs less than buying a (quality) AIO for your GPU and CPU, and it performs better. See Linus' video where he compares it to a AIO solution.

Enderman keeps saying its poor quality, which i don't necessarily think is the case. It's simply aluminium, which is cheaper and doesn't conduct heat as well as copper. But that doesn't mean that it will break or leak or otherwise damage your system.

Of course these kits are fairly new, and no one has had them for a very long time, so it's hard to know how they perform long term.

Sure the pump is not great, but it'll serve your need i'm sure, and I am sure there is some kind of warranty on it. You can even replace it later down the line.

13 hours ago, Enderman said:

1) lol yes it is. An SPC is basically the same thing as a DDC with a bit higher pressure. Still the same pump design.

but DDC pumps are not load, or at least the EK DDC pump I used is as quiet as my EK D5.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

16 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

but DDC pumps are not load, or at least the EK DDC pump I used is as quiet as my EK D5.

I want to second this (I assume you meant loud :) ). I have a DDC 3.2 pump that I run at 30% speed and it's practically inaudible. I agree that the D5 is better though, but then again it's larger and more expensive.

2 hours ago, The Benjamins said:

It is loud.

you can run a D5 at much slower speeds and have the same flow rate, therefore it is quieter at the same flow rate. Look at benchmarks.

1 hour ago, rasmuskrj said:

I have a DDC 3.2 pump that I run at 30% speed and it's practically inaudible

Probably because you have other components in your system that are loud.

It is far from inaudible even at 30%.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Probably because you have other components in your system that are loud.

It is far from inaudible even at 30%.

Are you saying i need my hearing checked? :D

It is loud.

you can run a D5 at much slower speeds and have the same flow rate, therefore it is quieter at the same flow rate. Look at benchmarks.

I could barely hear it when all side/front panels were off at full speed. (only pump was on)

It might not be whisper quiet but it is far from load. You said you have not done a custom loop before but yet you know better then people who have?

DDC is a very good pump, just under a D5. other pumps tend to be worse.

1 minute ago, The Benjamins said:

I could barely hear it when all side/front panels were off at full speed. (only pump was on)

It might not be whisper quiet but it is far from load. You said you have not done a custom loop before but yet you know better then people who have?

DDC is a very good pump, just under a D5. other pumps tend to be worse.

You can find plenty of information online on how loud DDCs are and how prone to failure they are.

Even linus said that he's had multiple DDCs fail in his lifetime of watercooling, but no D5s.

It is not "just under a D5" by far.

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, rasmuskrj said:

Are you saying i need my hearing checked? :D

Probably, yeah.

Image result for ddc noise

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Probably, yeah.

so 35/35.5 dB vs 33 that is not a big difference, so if a DDC is load a D5 is load.

4 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

so 35/35.5 dB vs 33 that is not a big difference, so if a DDC is load a D5 is load.

More like 35-40 for the DDC and 31-35 for the D5.

That's a big difference, look up how decibels work. 37 is twice as loud as 31.

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Probably, yeah.

The only pump quieter than the Laing DDC3.2 + Koolance top is the D5 vario, and they are even changing positions over flow rate. Were you only looking at the Laing DDC-1 result? This graph kinda proves my point.

More like 35-40 for the DDC and 31-35 for the D5.

That's a big difference, look up how decibels work. 37 is twice as loud as 31.

were are you getting 35-40? the graph shows up to 35.5.

also up to 40 is acceptable of something in a case, that is not loud.

14 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

were are you getting 35-40? the graph shows up to 35.5.

also up to 40 is acceptable of something in a case, that is not loud.

The other DDC, that goes above 41db.

IMO 40 is VERY loud, maybe your hearing isn't as sensitive or you have a lot of ambient noise.

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, Enderman said:

The other DDC, that goes above 41db.

IMO 40 is VERY loud, maybe your hearing isn't as sensitive or you have a lot of ambient noise.

that is a DDC 1, EK uses DDC 3.2/3.3.

most fans do 35-40 dB, AFAIK 30-40 dB has always been a acceptable noise level.

so for the price point these kits are at they bring a lot to the table. and I feel like they are worth it.

1 minute ago, The Benjamins said:

most fans do 35-40 dB, AFAIK 30-40 dB has always been a acceptable noise level.

Not even close, unless you buy really loud fans.

I only get sub-20 db because anything higher is too loud for me.

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Not even close, unless you buy really loud fans.

I only get sub-20 db because anything higher is too loud for me.

uh most homes ambient noise level is are around 25 dB

Just now, The Benjamins said:

uh most homes ambient noise level is are around 25 dB

So?

The difference between a 20db and 25db fan is definitely noticeable when you're 1m AWAY.

Spoiler