Hard Disc to SSD (need help)

I just bought a 1TB SSD for my pc, meaning to fully replace my current 700GB hard disc. I have a SATA3 6Gbs cable too. I'm using a desktop, and Windows 10. I've searched for a while but can't find out how to migrate all my data from my disc to my SSD properly. I'm unsure how I should hook up my new SSD physically, and what software I should be using to migrate my data. Free software is certainly preferable. If someone could link me a guide, that would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Clean install is always recommended

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

1 minute ago, ZM Fong said:

Clean install is always recommended

That means I should factory reset my pc and move the OS right? Also, how would I move the OS? Sorry for the many questions.

2 hours ago, JJamali said:

That means I should factory reset my pc and move the OS right? Also, how would I move the OS? Sorry for the many questions.

Install OS in SSD, format the old HDD

Don't move OS.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

I can certainly recommend Acronis True Image to migrate a hard drive OS to and SSD. However, as ZM Fong stated, you probably shouldn't migrate. This is because of all the fragmentation and clutter that has built up on your HDD will transfer to your SSD. Meaning, you won't see you SSD booting windows and other programs at maximum speed. 

The other week I migrated an old SATA 2 machine to a cheap SSD and while it was great and really fast. There was some anomalous read and write speeds from the SSD that weren't a result of the SATA 2 interface. 

Either way I am sure you will be happy, but you would be happier in the long run by freshly installing an OS onto the SSD and copying over valuable data from the HDD.

Thanks.

KRONOS:

// AMD FX 8350 // ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR V FORMULA Z // G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB 2x8 1866Mhz DDR3 // ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 OC // CORSAIR SPEC-03 // Kingston SSD v300Now 120GB, 1TB WD Blue // Cooler Master V750 750W // 1x BENQ GL2760H 1080p 60hz 2ms // Corsair H75 CPU Cooler // Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Battlefeild 4 Collectors Edition\K70 RGB Lux Cherry RED // Razer Deathadder Chroma // Logitech G213 Speakers // ASUS ROG MARS GTX 760 X2 (Retired) // Windows 8.1

On 7/10/2017 at 9:56 PM, Mathsnerds said:

I can certainly recommend Acronis True Image to migrate a hard drive OS to and SSD. However, as ZM Fong stated, you probably shouldn't migrate. This is because of all the fragmentation and clutter that has built up on your HDD will transfer to your SSD. Meaning, you won't see you SSD booting windows and other programs at maximum speed. 

The other week I migrated an old SATA 2 machine to a cheap SSD and while it was great and really fast. There was some anomalous read and write speeds from the SSD that weren't a result of the SATA 2 interface. 

Either way I am sure you will be happy, but you would be happier in the long run by freshly installing an OS onto the SSD and copying over valuable data from the HDD.

Thanks.

Thanks, that helps, I have Acronis, but I don't know how to move the OS...

5 hours ago, JJamali said:

but I don't know how to move the OS...

This should help: http://www.adata.com/us/ss/software-5/

KRONOS:

// AMD FX 8350 // ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR V FORMULA Z // G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB 2x8 1866Mhz DDR3 // ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 OC // CORSAIR SPEC-03 // Kingston SSD v300Now 120GB, 1TB WD Blue // Cooler Master V750 750W // 1x BENQ GL2760H 1080p 60hz 2ms // Corsair H75 CPU Cooler // Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Battlefeild 4 Collectors Edition\K70 RGB Lux Cherry RED // Razer Deathadder Chroma // Logitech G213 Speakers // ASUS ROG MARS GTX 760 X2 (Retired) // Windows 8.1