Problems installing MOBO in the s340 Elite

Am currently building my computer, using, as the title says, the NZXT s340 elite. However, I can't seem to be able to properly align my MOBO (Gigabyte Z170X UD5th) with the stand-offs. Even though the MOBO is in contact with the IO-shield, the stand-offs seem to still be further to the left, and thus I have no clue how to align them, since the MOBO is about as far to the left in the case as possible. Am I simply stupid? (This is my first build)

pictures would be helpful

Make sure all of the IO ports are actually poking through their cut-out in the shield.

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

Make sure the metal tabs on some of the IO shield ports aren't in the way and are slightly putting off the alignment.  Since it's your first build also make sure the metal tabs aren't covering a port, because is really sucks when you get everything installed and realize that a metal piece from your IO shield is blocking the network port (personal experience from some time ago).  Also, make sure the standoffs are properly aligned.  I'm not saying it's normal, but sometimes they're pre-installed wrong or the holes are off.  But I agree...pictures would definitely help here.

6 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

Make sure the metal tabs on some of the IO shield ports aren't in the way and are slightly putting off the alignment.  Since it's your first build also make sure the metal tabs aren't covering a port, because is really sucks when you get everything installed and realize that a metal piece from your IO shield is blocking the network port (personal experience from some time ago).  Also, make sure the standoffs are properly aligned.  I'm not saying it's normal, but sometimes they're pre-installed wrong or the holes are off.  But I agree...pictures would definitely help here.

Thanks. Sadly my phone is dead as a brick so I simply have nothing to post pics with. As for the stand-offs, they are all proportional to eachother and the board, they're just seemingly of place. Couldn't find anything blocking the ports either. 

7 minutes ago, Vicissitude said:

Thanks. Sadly my phone is dead as a brick so I simply have nothing to post pics with. As for the stand-offs, they are all proportional to eachother and the board, they're just seemingly of place. Couldn't find anything blocking the ports either. 

Are you installing the mobo with the read fan in? Maybe that is causing some problems, maybe the cable from it is in the wrong place somewhere. Also, try pushing your mobo to the left abit but do also check how the back IO shield is looking. I have the same case right next to me and I had to do some pushing to align it with the stand offs.

What @PineyCreek said.

if you're unsure whether that problem is from the IO shield, remove it and put the board back in to see if the mounting holes align now. If they do, your problem are the metal tabs on the IO shield (I had to fight them quite often to make them align with the mobo properly... pain in the posterior!)

Also check if the mobo-standoffs are at the right positions. Some mounting holes differ between ATX, µATX and ITX.

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X | MoBo MSI B550 Gaming Plus | RAM 32GB Teamgroup @3600/18 | GPU EVGA RTX 3070 Ti FTW | Case Enthoo Pro M SE
PSU bq! Straight Power 11 Plat. 750W CM | Cooling Scythe Fuma 2 & 5x Corsair ML140 | Sound SB Z Retail | Storage Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
Display(s) Iiyama GB3461WQSU, Dell 24", LG 34UM95 | Keyboard Kinesis Freestyle Edge | Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum | OS Windows 11

5 minutes ago, MrKat said:

Are you installing the mobo with the read fan in? Maybe that is causing some problems, maybe the cable from it is in the wrong place somewhere. Also, try pushing your mobo to the left abit but do also check how the back IO shield is looking. I have the same case right next to me and I had to do some pushing to align it with the stand offs.

Nah, I uninstalled the read fan. Alas, I guess I'll try simply pushing, thanks.

1 minute ago, Questargon said:

What @PineyCreek said.

if you're unsure whether that problem is from the IO shield, remove it and put the board back in to see if the mounting holes align now. If they do, your problem are the metal tabs on the IO shield (I had to fight them quite often to make them align with the mobo properly... pain in the posterior!)

Also check if the mobo-standoffs are at the right positions. ATX, µATX and ITX partially use different mounting holes.

I'll try uninstalling the IO-shield and checking. As for the stand-offs, they came pre-installerad for ATX, which is what I'm using.

1 hour ago, MrKat said:

Welp, pushing seeds to kinda have done it. The ports are perfectly sticking out of the IO-shield, and I was able to screw the board in place, but only four out of eight screws aligned with the stand-offs, the rest just fall and catch by their heads. Had a similar issue, and is screwing in every screw necessary, since I don't know how to align the last holes, especially since the stand-offs couldn't have ben more in place?

1 minute ago, Vicissitude said:

Welp, pushing seeds to kinda have done it. The ports are perfectly sticking out of the IO-shield, and I was able to screw the board in place, but only four out of eight screws aligned with the stand-offs, the rest just fall and catch by their heads. Had a similar issue, and is screwing in every screw necessary, since I don't know how to align the last holes, especially since the stand-offs couldn't have ben more in place?

Stand offs are only needed to hold your board in place so it does not move around. I would try screwing all the screws in myself but there shouldnt be a problem if you are missing a few.

5 minutes ago, MrKat said:

Stand offs are only needed to hold your board in place so it does not move around. I would try screwing all the screws in myself but there shouldnt be a problem if you are missing a few.

Nvm, got the last ones in place. Thanks alot for the help.