AMD Graphics Driver issues

ArmswieldTheHero

R9 380 4GB, 

newest driver as of today.

No settings for contrast brightness etc, in the amd additional settings, reinstalling doesn't fix anything.

Good job AMD.

I know what brand of graphics card I'm buying when it's time to upgrade.

I thought you set that with Windows?

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Just now, Jurrunio said:

I thought you set that with Windows?

Windows doesnt have settings for any of that.

It has a calibration tool that you can use to set it on your tv. And gamma controls. I wanted to make some profiles that way I could have worse colors but better visibility in some of the shooters I play.

Just now, ArmswieldTheHero said:

Windows doesnt have settings for any of that.

It has a calibration tool that you can use to set it on your tv. And gamma controls. I wanted to make some profiles that way I could have worse colors but better visibility in some of the shooters I play.

pretty sure you need the crimson SOFTWARE aswell

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

Just now, KOMTechAndGaming said:

pretty sure you need the crimson SOFTWARE aswell

Installed the full driver with all of the express settings. I have everything it's just amd doesnt know how to make drivers.

Get old drivers then. They have that on their website because they KNOW something's gonna go wrong at some point

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Just now, Jurrunio said:

Get old drivers then. They have that on their website because they KNOW something's gonna go wrong at some point

old drivers break overwatch.

I don't understand the thread subject.  AMD drivers haven't been shit for quite some time.

CPU || Ryzen 2700x @ 4.3ghz  Motherboard || ROG Strix B450F  RAM || 16GB TridentZ 3600 B-Die  GPU || ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti  Case || Thermaltake V71 RGB  Storage || Intel 760p 240GB + Intel 535 480GB SSD + 1TB WD 7200RPM HDD  PSU || Corsair HX850i  Cooling || Corsair H110i GTX  Keyboard || Corsair K70  Mouse || Logitech G502 Proteus  Sound || Bose Companion 5  Operating System || Windows 10 Pro

3 minutes ago, Purgent said:

I don't understand the thread subject.  AMD drivers haven't been shit for quite some time.

Have*

Samuel Edwards

- IT Engineer and Media Producer -

Religious theology diploma and over half a dozen certificates in Advanced Computing and IT.

Current Project:   Mineral Oil Cooled PC

Just trying to be friendly and help where I can. Have yourself a great day!

Use @SamuelJE for friendly tech help :)

Main PC - "The Genesis"

Mobo   -   Gigabyte GA-H170-Gaming 3

CPU     -   intel i5-6600K 4Ghz on water

GPU     -   MSI GTX970 "Red Dragon"

Case    -   Zalman Z11 Plus (Custom RGB Obviously, It's 2017 bro...)

OSD     -   Crucial 275GB M.2 SSD

SSD     -   Crucial 250GB SATA SSD

HDD    -    4TB WD Green x 2

Disp     -   LG ultra wide Gaming Monitor

Secondary PC - "Jonah"   (Mineral oil PC)

Mobo   -   Gigabyte GA-B250-DH1

CPU     -   intel i5-7500 Under Oil

GPU     -   Nvidia GTX 660 (Favorite and first ever GPU)

Case    -   A Fish Tank W/ Custom Engineered Mounting System (Custom RGB Obviously, It's 2017 bro...)

OSD     -   Crucial 275GB M.2 SSD

HDD    -    2TB WD Green

Disp     -   LG ultra wide Gaming Monitor

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

Ok, no need to throw flak at AMD for drivers. They've been decent lately, but still have their issues, just like Nvidia's recent drivers. Regardless of that, let's not argue over them, shall we?

Yea, there's no need to argue. But it's clear to me that AMD drivers are generally bad.

1 minute ago, ArmswieldTheHero said:

Yea, there's no need to argue. But it's clear to me that AMD drivers are generally bad.

Based on this singular experience? I've run both AMD and Nvidia drivers, and when they work, they're fine. But both are quite annoying to work with sometimes. Also, if that's a new driver, released today, its bound to have some issues. So just try DDU (display driver uninstaller) to wipe any graphics drivers and try install the latest ones again.  

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Just now, TheRandomness said:

Based on this singular experience? I've run both AMD and Nvidia drivers, and when they work, they're fine. But both are quite annoying to work with sometimes. Also, if that's a new driver, released today, its bound to have some issues. So just try DDU (display driver uninstaller) to wipe any graphics drivers and try install the latest ones again.  

No they didnt update it today. I'm just too lazy to say what version it is because I know it's the current one.

Already tried DDU.

Just now, ArmswieldTheHero said:

No they didnt update it today. I'm just too lazy to say what version it is because I know it's the current one.

Already tried DDU.

And you say the previous versions give you issues? And try custom install and only tick what you absolutely need. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

And you say the previous versions give you issues? And try custom install and only tick what you absolutely need. 

When I do the custom installs and only put the barebones stuff, I get the same thing.

2 minutes ago, ArmswieldTheHero said:

When I do the custom installs and only put the barebones stuff, I get the same thing.

What was the last working driver that had that feature? Did you try installing that, just to verify it was a driver problem in the first place?

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

What was the last working driver that had that feature? Did you try installing that, just to verify it was a driver problem in the first place?

It was back during catalyst control center days. And no I didnt install it, what a waste of time. My internet is literal trash. It goes 120kB/s on a good day.

All of those settings are located in the crimson software iirc. Should be under video. 

1 minute ago, luigi90210 said:

All of those settings are located in the crimson software iirc. Should be under video. 

Yes well following the video tutorials takes me here PnHjvA6.png

Which is nothing but a broken version of the catalyst control settings. It simply doesnt have all the settings it should.

11 minutes ago, ArmswieldTheHero said:

Yes well following the video tutorials takes me here PnHjvA6.png

Which is nothing but a broken version of the catalyst control settings. It simply doesnt have all the settings it should.

amd doesnt use that menu for much of anything, it would be in the crimson software under the video tab

4.png

click custom

Keep things strictly on the topic at hand. 

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

Thread cleaned