What's YOUR 'Ideal' Set-Up?

JLCitadel

So I like many others, have a goal. That goal is to have the perfect "Media" center within my room. After some thought and considerations the idea that I might receive inspiration from others concepts came to me. So tell me all of you glorious technology fans, what would be the perfect room for you? Desk, Computers, Consoles, DVD Players, Computer Parts, Etc.. I'm sure the more passionate among us will have more detail within their dreams of a perfect area, but don't be afraid to share even if it's just one thing.

If this thread gets enough posts, I'll start editing the main post to include items that I'll be getting for my own setup out of inspiration from you all.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Huge desk and lots of storage. and no sharp edges on the desk, those are annoying. and room for 3 monitors, a tv and other crap i want. 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

L-shaped desk with 3 monitors, one 27' 1440p and the other two 22' ISP displays. My computer by my right, with an i7 4770K clocked at about 4.5-4.7GHZ,Asus Z87 Deluxe, 780Ti SLI, 250GBx2 Samsung Evo RAID 0, 3TBx2 WD Red in RAID 1, and an AX1200i. My keyboard would be a Shine 3 with Cherry Blue and White LED with a G602s.

Quote me to get a reply!

L shaped desk, 3 ASUS ProArt monitors on one side powered by dual Xeon E5's and a quadro for editing, and a big G-Sync monitor powered by a 4930K and 4x 780Ti's in a custom loop on the other side with a sectional couch to compliment the entire setup. 

Edit: a 4K display with a XBOX One for Halo and a PS4 for uncharted. 

Edited by cjeffcoatjr

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

I'm loving these ideas. I've got an L Shaped desk, a awesome glass one for 100$.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I pretty much love my setup, even though it is not particularly "high end". The ONLY thing I am missing is a mini-fridge beside my desk that is stocked with beer and an assortment of delicious treats... And also a monkey butler to fetch said beer and treats...

..Oh and a bathroom attached to my room.

Well, I pretty much love my setup, even though it is not particularly "high end". The ONLY thing I am missing is a mini-fridge beside my desk that is stocked with beer and an assortment of delicious treats... And also a monkey butler to fetch said beer and treats...

..Oh and a bathroom attached to my room.

so wait, you want a minifridge next to your desk, but a butler to hand you it.......................................... & why not attach a bucket to the bottom of your chair? eric cartman style.

so wait, you want a minifridge next to your desk, but a butler to hand you it.......................................... & why not attach a bucket to the bottom of your chair? eric cartman style.

Who would pass up an opportunity to have a monkey butler  :)

Hmmm... never thought of using a bucket instead. However having a bathroom attached to my room would be more 'ideal'.

I'd probably have to say that I'd go with a L shaped desk with a 3 27" monitor setup in the corner running on a 6 core or whatever the Extreme Edition chips are at the time with 2 flagship cards all in a custom loop to keep it nice and cool.

Then over the end of the desk that has the tower on there will be all my audio equipment including a DAC, headphones, and a surround sound system for the days that i just want to destroy my hearing

On the end without anything I'd have to put a TV on the wall to have a auxiliary output for the computer and racing games/anything else that i want to do with a controller/other prefs. 

As well i'd hook up the console's for when i have friends over, opposite of the wall with my TV would be a couch for said friends to enjoy some comfort. 

Other then that I'd probably work on making the desk as clean as possible when making it as cool as possible with custom mods like led lights or otherwise.

CPU:i5-3570k OC'd to 4.0 MOBO: MSI Z77A-G41 GPU: Asus 660Ti 2Gb OC Case: NZXT Source 210 Black and Windowed RAM: Kingston HyperX Black Series 8GB Storage: WD 1TB Caviar Black, 3TB WD Green, 120GB Kingston HyperX CPU Cooler: CM TX3 PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W OS: Win 7 Perf: Corsair M65, Acer S220HQLAbd 21.5" Main with 17" Secondary, a Corsair K70, and ATH-M50's.

I'd probably have to say that I'd go with a L shaped desk with a 3 27" monitor setup in the corner running on a 6 core or whatever the Extreme Edition chips are at the time with 2 flagship cards all in a custom loop to keep it nice and cool.

Then over the end of the desk that has the tower on there will be all my audio equipment including a DAC, headphones, and a surround sound system for the days that i just want to destroy my hearing

On the end without anything I'd have to put a TV on the wall to have a auxiliary output for the computer and racing games/anything else that i want to do with a controller/other prefs. 

As well i'd hook up the console's for when i have friends over, opposite of the wall with my TV would be a couch for said friends to enjoy some comfort. 

Other then that I'd probably work on making the desk as clean as possible when making it as cool as possible with custom mods like led lights or otherwise.

I'd need to make said friends to do that ;3

Who would pass up an opportunity to have a monkey butler  :)

Hmmm... never thought of using a bucket instead. However having a bathroom attached to my room would be more 'ideal'.

Good point...& I see what you did there;3 lol

I'd dream of a 6foot table, black glass, L shaped.

One desk with an 4960 and quad 780ti's under full loop with three 27" IPS 4k panels.

Best bookshelf speakers with each one creating about a 60degree angle, best amp, and best DAC available and the best center speaker in the middle.

Other rig that is compact, mITX/mATX like a prodigy that has similar specs, but dual 780ti cuz of space. At home could act as another gaming rig for a friend to come over(most likely not lol), but will be a travel rig.

Some amazing headphones and amp, and sound card to top it all off.

Edit: me and luclocke think alike :P

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

L shaped desk with a 4k/1440p 27-32" monitor. 2 23" 1080p asus ips monitors on the sides. 3x 120/144Hz 3d vision surround above the first three. 2/3/4 way sli 780TI Black editions to power it all. Top of the line 2011 extreme edition cpu, 64-128gb ram, 1tb ssd raid 10 boot drive. 2x four disk 4tb raid volumes. External 22tb raid 5 nas. 900d case with NZXT HUE lights. Custom loop cooling for everything.

a big long desk with a 4930k, 64gbs of ram, 780ti sli 4x samsung 840 evo 1tb ssds in raid 0, 2x 4tb wd red drives in raid 0 all inside the desk 3x 27" oled 4k monitors and another benq mlg "gaming" tn panel monitor with an xbox one also everything is backed up on a 60tb home server and my internet is 2gb down.

I'd dream of a 6foot table, black glass, L shaped.

One desk with an 4960 and quad 780ti's under full loop with three 27" IPS 4k panels.

Best bookshelf speakers with each one creating about a 60degree angle, best amp, and best DAC available and the best center speaker in the middle.

Other rig that is compact, mITX/mATX like a prodigy that has similar specs, but dual 780ti cuz of space. At home could act as another gaming rig for a friend to come over(most likely not lol), but will be a travel rig.

Some amazing headphones and amp, and sound card to top it all off.

Edit: me and luclocke think alike :P

I don't understand the facsination with three monitors everyone seems to have. I think its cool.. but I HATEEEEE Bezel. I'd buy a  30inc OLED 8k display witha 30 degree bend  :)

My perfect setup would not start with the computer. It would start with getting a fancy-ass chair for my fancy ass!! Something extremely cofortable that has a head rest, in case I want to lay back a bit while watchin movies on the computer. The next would be an amazing sound system and peripherals. Least important to me would be the computer itself. Kinda funny considering all my peripherals are garbage, my chair is old and bad, and my sound system is terrible... and yet I'm finishing a $1200 build right now.

i7 4770k @ 4.6ghz | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H | G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB | Sapphire Vapor-X 7970 Ghz | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2

Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD | Toshiba 7200rpm 3TB | Seasonic 660W Platinum | Corsair H100i

Logitech G400s | Ducky Shine III Cherry MX Brown

My perfect setup would not start with the computer. It would start with getting a fancy-ass chair for my fancy ass!! Something extremely cofortable that has a head rest, in case I want to lay back a bit while watchin movies on the computer. The next would be an amazing sound system and peripherals. Least important to me would be the computer itself. Kinda funny considering all my peripherals are garbage, my chair is old and bad, and my sound system is terrible... and yet I'm finishing a $1200 build right now.

Oh the irony of life :)