Do I need extra case fans?

Go to solution Solved by manikyath,

dont bother for now, but there's some other things i wanna note:

- dont bother with a sound card, seriously, dont.

- sick ass gaming rig, but get a stupid crappolah wifi card from D-link of all brands

- that cpu cooler is very good value for money, but it is very little money, if that paints the picture. for the love of god get something better. if you have the budget for a 1080Ti, you do not need a $20 cpu cooler.

I am currently planning on buying a new pc soon and am wondering about the number of case fans I may need.

Components:

MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 

Intel i7-7700K

MSI Z270 Gaming M5 LGA1151

Corsair CMK16GX4M2B2800C14 Vengeance LPX Series 16GB (2x 8GB) 2800MHz DDR4 CL14 1.35V Desktop Memory

Coolermaster RR-212X-20PM-R1 Hyper 212X 120mm Fan CPU Cooler

Samsung MZ-75E500BW 850 EVO 500GB 3D V-NAND 2.5" Solid State Drive

Western-Digital WD10EZEX Blue 1TB 7200rpm SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch Internal Hard Drive

ASUS Strix Soar Pro 7.1 Gaming PCI-E Sound Card

EVGA 220-G2-0850-XR SuperNOVA 850 G2 850W 80 Plus Gold Certified Fully Modular Desktop Power Supply

D-Link DWA-582 Wireless AC1200 Dual Band PCI-E Adapter

Phanteks PH-ES515ETG_BK Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass Windowed Black E-ATX Mid Tower Desktop Chassis

The case comes with 2 front PHF140SP (140mm) case fans, and 1 PHF140SP (140mm) case fan at the back. 

My question is - Do I need any more fans? 

There is space for 2 140mm case fans or 3 120mm case fans at the top. Would it benefit me to have the extra fans there? If so would it be better to just get 2 more PHF140SP case fans and put them in the top?

On a side note - please feel free to comment on the build if there is something important I may have overlooked.

Thank you for the help.

- sick ass gaming rig, but get a stupid crappolah wifi card from D-link of all brands

- that cpu cooler is very good value for money, but it is very little money, if that paints the picture. for the love of god get something better. if you have the budget for a 1080Ti, you do not need a $20 cpu cooler.

4 minutes ago, manikyath said:

-Yeah I was a bit on the fence about the sound card - seems like a very small improvement. 

-I am not 100% clear on what you are implying with "but get a stupid crappolah wifi card from D-link of all brands"?

-And yeah I didn't know what to do about the cooler - heard great things about this one and I don't want to get liquid cooling but I get what you are saying - I will have another look at some coolers: any recommendations?.

Thanks 

Just now, Carrion_ said:

I am not 100% clear on what you are implying with "but get a stupid crappolah wifi card from D-link of all brands"?

D-Link is one of the worst brands of networking gear. while i'd much rather push you to run a cable, at least get some nice brand network adapter, with an antenna that wont be mushed against the farraday cage that is your case ;)

as for coolers, noctua fanboy here. my main rig has a noctua dark rock adv. c1 that's never gonna come out, partially because removing it requires offering blood to gaben.

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

D-Link is one of the worst brands of networking gear. while i'd much rather push you to run a cable, at least get some nice brand network adapter, with an antenna that wont be mushed against the farraday cage that is your case ;)

as for coolers, noctua fanboy here. my main rig has a noctua dark rock adv. c1 that's never gonna come out, partially because removing it requires offering blood to gaben.

Yeah I am definitely going to be on a cable for most of the time - but I have a 100gb cap so occasionally I may need to connect to a mobile hotspot if I am in a tight spot. 

I was just looking at the noctua nh-d15 actually.

Thanks for the suggestions ^_^