Blue Screen of Death. Why me.

Last night I was streaming Life is Strange and my computer had no issues whatsoever. A windows update was scheduled for 3am and when I woke up this morning I was greeted by a "blue screen of death" with a frozen 50% and the error message of "Machine check exeption" 

i restarted my computer and i was able to use it for about a minute with no problems but after that minute, it blue screened again. 

In that minute i have been able to check the drivers for my gpu and my Hdd and my SSd and they look fine. Ive never done any overclocking but i checked my Bios too and it seems that i can stay in my Bios menu for as long as I want without crashing. My cpu temp seems fine staying around 32°C. I dont know what to do. If you can help, thank you very much, i want to get back to streaming as soon as possible. 

PC specs. 

Evga gtx 1070 8gb founders edition

i7 6600k cpu

maximus 8 gene motherboard

corsair 750 wat powersupply 

2×8gb sticks of hyperx fury ram

seagate baracuda 1TB hdd

kingston 128gb ssd

if you have automatic backup, you can restore your windows from the latest working point

5900X

MSI MEG X570 Unify

32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance

RTX 3080

Dark Base Pro 900

Corsair RM1000i

16 minutes ago, Forko said:

Last night I was streaming Life is Strange and my computer had no issues whatsoever. A windows update was scheduled for 3am and when I woke up this morning I was greeted by a "blue screen of death" with a frozen 50% and the error message of "Machine check exeption" 

i restarted my computer and i was able to use it for about a minute with no problems but after that minute, it blue screened again. 

In that minute i have been able to check the drivers for my gpu and my Hdd and my SSd and they look fine. Ive never done any overclocking but i checked my Bios too and it seems that i can stay in my Bios menu for as long as I want without crashing. My cpu temp seems fine staying around 32°C. I dont know what to do. If you can help, thank you very much, i want to get back to streaming as soon as possible. 

PC specs. 

Evga gtx 1070 8gb founders edition

i7 6600k cpu

maximus 8 gene motherboard

corsair 750 wat powersupply 

2×8gb sticks of hyperx fury ram

seagate baracuda 1TB hdd

kingston 128gb ssd

Machine Check Exception is a difficult one, it basically means there was a hardware fault.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Could be the SSD.

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

Remove each component one by one, see if it works with a certain combination of parts. That can help you narrow down the problem.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

4 hours ago, Alaradia said:

any overclock also don't change font colors next time 

I dont think i did change any font colors. But no i have never overclocked mt machine. 

3 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Remove each component one by one, see if it works with a certain combination of parts. That can help you narrow down the problem.

Ill try that

4 hours ago, Anghammarad said:

Could be the SSD.

I dont know if it is, if it was the ssd why would it let me boot windows for that full minute before freezing?

4 hours ago, Alesek said:

if you have automatic backup, you can restore your windows from the latest working point

I know im a bad pc owner because i dont have one of those. 

4 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

So it looks like im looking at a bad ssd. I disconnected my hard drive and i disconnected my GPU. And nothing changed. So i can only assue that my ssd is what is causing this issue also due to the fact that it is my boot drive with my os on it, the computer will post but no os. 

4 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Machine Check Exception is a difficult one, it basically means there was a hardware fault.

So it looks like im looking at a bad ssd. I disconnected my hard drive and i disconnected my GPU. And nothing changed. So i can only assue that my ssd is what is causing this issue also due to the fact that it is my boot drive with my os on it, the computer will post but no os. 

Problem not fixed. It looks like the problem isnt my hard drive, my ssd, or my graphics card. While installing windows on my brand new SSD i got this message. 

14994495765311679829136.jpg

7 minutes ago, Forko said:

Problem not fixed. It looks like the problem isnt my hard drive, my ssd, or my graphics card. While installing windows on my brand new SSD i got this message. 

14994495765311679829136.jpg

Again, that's a generic 'hardware failure' message, doesn't tell you anything useful. In my experience that message usually means you've got a bad overclock, have you ever OCed? Have you manually set any bios settings in relation to your hardware?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

22 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Again, that's a generic 'hardware failure' message, doesn't tell you anything useful. In my experience that message usually means you've got a bad overclock, have you ever OCed? Have you manually set any bios settings in relation to your hardware?

I have never overclocked a single part of my computer. At this point the only things that could be damaged are my power supply, cpu, or motherboard. I have not made any changes to how my hardwear would run in bios. The only things that i have changed there are initiating fast boot and changing my boot drives. Thats it. I even reset my bios to default in case that was the issue. 

oh man that sucks..

if it is your SSD though... check out massdrop

they have a 500 gb samsung evo on for like half the usual price!

I'm crying right now because I'm too broke to buy :P

Oh, nm I see you've already got a new one.. missed that.. hmmm.... so still getting the error after a new windows install eh? does sound like it's hardware related... If you truly ruled out your GPU, SSD, and hard drive... I'm wondering if it's your mobo...

I wish bluescreen errors gave you more info. You can look up info on it in event viewer but I don't usually find it helps that much.

1 minute ago, stateofpsychosis said:

Oh, nm I see you've already got a new one.. missed that.. hmmm.... so still getting the error after a new windows install eh? does sound like it's hardware related... If you truly ruled out your GPU, SSD, and hard drive... I'm wondering if it's your mobo...

I wish bluescreen errors gave you more info. You can look up info on it in event viewer but I don't usually find it helps that much.

I ruled out each part by completely disconnecting it from the computer turning it back and and waiting for the error message. 

yea, and you can't disconnect your CPU or mobo so that's what it's down to I guess. I really hope it's something less annoying but hey if you reinstalled windows and disconnected everything else I can't think of much else it could be..

hey your windows copy isn't like a scratched up disc is it? You don't want to be reinstalling windows from damaged media. It'll give you corrupted files.. Maybe it's that? wishful thinking.

Anyways, I'm having blue screen issues lately too so I feel your pain..

I think I solved them though. Going to have to play the waiting game to see if they come back at this point.

5 minutes ago, stateofpsychosis said:

And no not after the instal, during. 

That's what my issue turned out to be (as long as it doesn't come back) so a good thing to try anyways.

Just now, stateofpsychosis said:

before buying any new hardware...

redownload the windows tool from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

use that tool to create a USB stick to install windows with..

and try installing with that

use a new USB if you already tried this..

make sure it's not a bad windows copy.

Its not a bad windows copy its the original stick from when. I boight windows. 

14994526373421749075606.jpg

you're probably right but USB's can fail too

so it's worth trying 

especially since it doesn't cost you anything to download.

You only have to pay for the license now which you already have.

Im at the end of my rope. Ive bought a new powersupply thinking that was the issue. I also bought a new motherboard thinking that was the issue. I also bought a new ssd because I thought the old one was the issue. Ive tried the ram sticks in all four channels one at a time and even both, thinking that was the issue. I unplugged my cpu fan and started it up thinking that was the issue. The "Machine_check_exception" still haunts me. Im at the end of my rope and I dont know what to do. Do I just need to replace the cpu now? Because it pretty much the inly think i have not tried.