Good website to get used parts?

I sometimes find decent deals on places like Craigslist, but that requires regular checking and it means driving somewhere to meet a person who will probably rob me. It would be so much easier if I could just order online, but Amazon and Newegg only offer like 5% or less on used parts. Does anyone know of a good website to get PC parts, primarily CPU's and GPU's? 

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

eBay, that's really your only trustworthy site. They have such a hold on the used market that other sites that are similar can be a bit dodgy (or rather, the people selling there can be. When eBay is so big and established, why sell through another site?). If you're buying, it's pretty safe too, as eBay (arguably too much so) almost always sides with the buyer if there's a problem. They're good at getting your money back, even if you're an idiot (I've had some bad experience with stupid people buying on eBay, so the extent of their favouritism towards buyers annoys me a little)

I purchase the vast majority of my used hardware from Hardforum and Anandtech's FS/FT forums. We use a feedback website called heatware.com to track reputable buyers/sellers. Been at it for about 12-13 years and I've never been screwed on a deal. 

22 minutes ago, spartanvi said:

I purchase the vast majority of my used hardware from Hardforum and Anandtech's FS/FT forums. We use a feedback website called heatware.com to track reputable buyers/sellers. Been at it for about 12-13 years and I've never been screwed on a deal. 

I looked at that. The thing is, without any reputation I don't know who would trust me. 

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Local Craigslist?

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

1 hour ago, JoostinOnline said:

I looked at that. The thing is, without any reputation I don't know who would trust me. 

For a new buyer - like you - the barrier to entry & trust threshold is much lower, especially for items sellers can afford to lose. Generally you pay first, which is true 99.99% of the time anyway. Of course, to a seller there's fraud risk here as a buyer could easily lie and say an item never arrived or arrived DOA, but that's the risk of doing business online... you may have some established sellers pass on your offers for big ticket items.

Sellers generally prefer non-credit card Paypal (there was a time where Paypal required a business account to redeem CC payments, not sure if that's still the case), but I also see Google Wallet (used less) and Amazon Payments (the least) used. Avoid anyone who wants a cashier's check, money order, cash (via mail), check, or Western Union wire/money order. If the seller is scammer and you used those methods, it will be very difficult to nearly impossible to get your money back. Since you're new try to familiarize yourself with your sellers' preferred payment method and what buyer/seller protections exist before you send money. 

Now if you were a new seller, the trust hurdle is infinitely higher. Anyone with zero feedback can throw up a listing for fake items, from a fake mailing address, behind a proxy/VPN, and run off with a buyer's money. Much less likely to encounter an established seller who's willing to throw away years of feedback for 1 scammer pay out. As a new seller, I'd recommend to start off with freebies or small ticket items to build up a feedback history before throwing down big ticket items. 

12 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

I sometimes find decent deals on places like Craigslist, but that requires regular checking and it means driving somewhere to meet a person who will probably rob me. It would be so much easier if I could just order online, but Amazon and Newegg only offer like 5% or less on used parts. Does anyone know of a good website to get PC parts, primarily CPU's and GPU's? 

I've bought all my parts on Newegg and there's nothing wrong with them, I'm poor as shit and New egg has treated me fairly every time

Be Vigilant or Jump Off

52 minutes ago, Discowarewolf69 said:

I've bought all my parts on Newegg and there's nothing wrong with them, I'm poor as shit and New egg has treated me fairly every time

Nothing wrong with them doesn't mean it's a good deal.

Of course I recently bought a refurbished laptop from Newegg and it had a bad speaker.

1 hour ago, JoostinOnline said:

Nothing wrong with them doesn't mean it's a good deal.

Of course I recently bought a refurbished laptop from Newegg and it had a bad speaker.

Yeah if it's not a good deal, obviously nobody wants to waste their time :P

Be Vigilant or Jump Off