MSI GTX 1070 Unigine Heaven score - Confusion :(

Farkash
Go to solution Solved by danrey84,

@Farkash here is an old 1070 result but bare in mind this is on a 6600k

1070.png

Hello,

I didn't understand if I should post this question here but couldn't find any other place and wanna get this off my chest..

I've done the Unigine Heaven benchmark and got the following result:

FPS: 92.7

Score: 2335

Min FPS: 29.8 

Max FPS: 197.1

System: Windows NT 6.2 (build 9200) 64 bit

CPU Model: Intel Cor i7-7700 CPU 3.60 GHz

GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1070 

(also in the picture)

I'm also using 16GB RAM

I ran the test on Custom Setting:

Render: Direct3D11

Mode: 1920X1080 8xAA fullscreen

Quality: Ultra

Tesselation: Extreme

I'm using the MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8GB - on "Gaming Mode" in the MSI App (so I guess it's stock?)

I can also choose OC Mode, but didn't know if it's dangeraous for the GPU or something. Anyhow, saw a guy claiming he got around 2450-2500 Stock with no OC... so I got worried. Just wanted to know if my score is ok or that I have a problem/doing something wrong.

Thanks!

If anymore info is needed i'll add.

Capture.PNG

you can win or lose that much depending on case airflow setup (having the card boost more or less), or having less crap in the background eating resources.

18 minutes ago, Farkash said:

Hello,

I didn't understand if I should post this question here but couldn't find any other place and wanna get this off my chest..

I've done the Unigine Heaven benchmark and got the following result:

FPS: 92.7

Score: 2335

Min FPS: 29.8 

Max FPS: 197.1

System: Windows NT 6.2 (build 9200) 64 bit

CPU Model: Intel Cor i7-7700 CPU 3.60 GHz

GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1070 

(also in the picture)

I'm also using 16GB RAM

I ran the test on Custom Setting:

Render: Direct3D11

Mode: 1920X1080 8xAA fullscreen

Quality: Ultra

Tesselation: Extreme

I'm using the MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8GB - on "Gaming Mode" in the MSI App (so I guess it's stock?)

I can also choose OC Mode, but didn't know if it's dangeraous for the GPU or something. Anyhow, saw a guy claiming he got around 2450-2500 Stock with no OC... so I got worried. Just wanted to know if my score is ok or that I have a problem/doing something wrong.

Thanks!

If anymore info is needed i'll add.

Capture.PNG

I want proof if anyone is claiming anything cause unless they show proof it didnt happen simples. No reason not to run OC mode on your GPU cause if it was ' dangerous ' they would not include it. There is a thread regarding Heaven Benchmarks on this forum so you will probably find some mopre information which will help you. I have included my 1080 results for you to compare.

1080 Results.png

34 minutes ago, danrey84 said:

I want proof if anyone is claiming anything cause unless they show proof it didnt happen simples. No reason not to run OC mode on your GPU cause if it was ' dangerous ' they would not include it. There is a thread regarding Heaven Benchmarks on this forum so you will probably find some mopre information which will help you. I have included my 1080 results for you to compare.

Hey, thanks.

I followed manikyath advice and closed all task in the background, then opened my front case door (I have a fractal design R5) and the score went up in 6 point to 2341.. :(

then I used OC settings with my MSI Afterburner App and got the worst relust of all - 2308... :/

So... I'm hopeless now. I can't really make sense out of your score, cause it's a stronger card, with better result ofcourse.

I've also ran a search for Heaven Benchmarks and couldn't find the thread.. 

What do I do?

Score 1.jpg

00000.jpg

@Farkash there is a Valley Benchmark and SuperPosition Benchmark thread not Heaven thats my bad. If you cant understand my results what is it you dont understand and i will try to help you as I have had a 1070 in the past

14 minutes ago, danrey84 said:

@Farkash there is a Valley Benchmark and SuperPosition Benchmark thread not Heaven thats my bad. If you cant understand my results what is it you dont understand and i will try to help you as I have had a 1070 in the past

Hmmm.. I've looked online a bit, but got confused. I don't understand if what I'm getting is a good score or not... moreover, why does my card score is lower in OC mode than in Gaming Mode.. doesn't make any sense, unless I'm doing something wrong or have a problem.

Maybe my score is fine and I just have nothing to compare it to... other GTX 1070? Do you remember you 1070 scores?

I looked on other GTX cards on youtube and some perform even worse than mine. So I assume it's ok, but still confused.

For example - this guy got a score of 2600 points, claiming to OC the card. So - the OC he is doing from BIOS is not as powerful as the OC mode made from the MSI App?

and this guy got only 2255

Sorry for my ignorance on this matter BTW :)

And thanks for helping!

1 hour ago, manikyath said:

you can win or lose that much depending on case airflow setup (having the card boost more or less), or having less crap in the background eating resources.

So do you think that the card is OK (relating to that scores I posted) and I only should improve airflow?

1 minute ago, Farkash said:

Hmmm.. I've looked online a bit, but got confused. I don't understand if what I'm getting is a good score or not... moreover, why does my card score is lower in OC mode than in Gaming Mode.. doesn't make any sense, unless I'm doing something wrong or have a problem.

Maybe my score is fine and I just have nothing to compare it to... other GTX 1070? Do you remember you 1070 scores?

I looked on other GTX cards on youtube and some perform even worse than mine. So I assume it's ok, but still confused.

For example - this guy got a score of 2600 points, claiming to OC the card. So - the OC he is doing from BIOS is not as powerful as the OC mode made from the MSI App?

Sorry for my ignorance on this matter BTW :)

And thanks for helping!

If he is overclocking via the BIOS which is modified then yes he could potentially get those scores cause with in the BIOS and also hard modding the actual card so it in theory is getting a little more power. So he will  get higher overclocks than what you would get with the factory ' OC ' from Msi. BIOS modding is very good but can also be dangerous due to the fact if the BIOS doesnt flash correctly to the card basically you have ' bricked ' the card unless you have a dual BIOS switch.

15 minutes ago, danrey84 said:

@Farkash here is an old 1070 result but bare in mind this is on a 6600k

1070.png

Thanks! Seems like mine :)