Cannot install hyper 212 evo.

code3
Go to solution Solved by code3,

WOW SOLVED IT.

I used the most force i have ever used in my life, to screw it in.

It's working and good!

For the life of me. I cannot install the hyper 212 evo, the whole installation went well. Except for the mounting bracket, I've spent a good hour trying to tighten one corner but the other always flies way up to a point where if I force it down it feels like it'll snap. When I do put all force I have the other side corner pops out.

What do I do? The little thumbscrew like thing is centered. And the small thing sticking out from the heatsink,  rests nicely in the divet.

Amd a10-7850k fm2+ platform.

Return it and get something better.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

1 minute ago, Jrock said:

Return it and get something better.

I would be a d*ck and say if you have nothing to say don't say anything, but I'm seriously considering it.

Just now, code3 said:

I would be a d*ck and say if you have nothing to say don't say anything, but I'm seriously considering it.

Lol im being honest... There's better air coolers for the same price

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

i had difficulty installing it too. screw in one one corner first than do the opposite corner. It's going to pop up, but you have to just force in there. It gives a lot of resistance until you screw everything in. It's just a real pain to work with, but a dam good cooler for the price.

also, try screwing in as many of them as possible, but not all the way. once you feel that they are firmly in place start screwing them in tightly. so like give it a few turns per screw and when you see that it's not moving and the screws are not popping out than try to screw them in the rest of the way. 

I also had a fun time installing that fucking thing.

Try to mess with he little arm thing you screw down on, maybe it is the wrong way or whatever

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

1 minute ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Try to mess with he little arm thing you screw down on, maybe it is the wrong way or whatever

^^this...it's ALWAYS this...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

6 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

I also had a fun time installing that fucking thing.

Try to mess with he little arm thing you screw down on, maybe it is the wrong way or whateve

4 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

^^this...it's ALWAYS this...

So should I try turning it around? Or do you mean hold down the arm while screwing one side. Or try both?

Just now, code3 said:

try turning it around it shouldnt be this hard to screw down...also, don,t screw completely...just start the first screw and then move to the opposite corner right away...start threading all screws first and then tight it down.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

WOW SOLVED IT.

It's working and good!

2 hours ago, code3 said:

WOW SOLVED IT.

It's working and good!

Welcome to the world of cooler installation--it can get a lot worse.

*cough* Thor's Hammer

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.