Hello

I'm interested in bitcoin mining

I live in southern cali and pay the electric bill

can someone recommend me a good bitcoin machine build?

I wan't to mine bitcoins, but I feel that the bitcoins I make will just go towards the electric bill lol (no profit)

What would be a good machine that will give me a good bitcoin/per watt ratio?

Should I start with something small?

any recommended parts?

or can someone explain more about bitcoin mining to me? (there's probably things I don't know)

Give me a nice walk through please?

Just give me some noob tips

Bitcoin mining has become virtually unprofitable.  What you want to do is mine Litecoins, they're in the stage Bitcoins were about a year ago.  The difference being, there will be 4 times as many Litecoins.  The best way to mine Litecoins is to use an amd GPU, preferrably a 7950 or 7970 if you can afford it, with a very low power Haswell series CPU.  Keep the cost as low as possible and everything will be just dandy.  The most profitable thing you can do is buy low and sell high, a.k.a. speculate like a stock broker.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

Bitcoin mining has become virtually unprofitable.  What you want to do is mine Litecoins, they're in the stage Bitcoins were about a year ago.  The difference being, there will be 4 times as many Litecoins.  The best way to mine Litecoins is to use an amd GPU, preferrably a 7950 or 7970 if you can afford it, with a very low power Haswell series CPU.  Keep the cost as low as possible and everything will be just dandy.  The most profitable thing you can do is buy low and sell high, a.k.a. speculate like a stock broker.

Thanks, i'll keep this in mind

I might wait till intel makes 14nm cpus and amd cards to drop in price after invidia maxwell

Thanks, i'll keep this in mind

I might wait till intel makes 14nm cpus and amd cards to drop in price after invidia maxwell

As we have seen with bitcoins there is no time to waste. They could be worth nothing now and in a month could skyrocket. not to mention the ever increasing difficulty that all of us miners know about.

As we have seen with bitcoins there is no time to waste. They could be worth nothing now and in a month could skyrocket. not to mention the ever increasing difficulty that all of us miners know about.

Oh yes, that difficulty, only to get 10 times as worse with the 28nm butterfly cards...

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

What's wrong with NVidia GPUs for bitcoin mining? I say they're great for the job as well.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

What's wrong with NVidia GPUs for bitcoin mining? I say they're great for the job as well.

They're horribly inefficient, don't get me started.

If you want to profit with bitcoins just get a super shitty PC and buy ASIC's (from ebay, if you order at bfl you'll wait MONTHS)

if you have 5pci-e slots open fill them with AMD 7950 and let it bitcoin. but i would rather go with litcoin.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

My suggestion is don't put too much hype into it, mining bitcoins is really not that great idea.. Light coins might be better..

I wouldn't buy bitcoins like a stock broker because it's too unpredictable, and you said you're a noob so don't even think about buying and selling...

They're horribly inefficient, don't get me started.

They are just as efficient as AMD, trust me, they have as much processing power to make bitcoins.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

They are just as efficient as AMD, trust me, they have as much processing power to make bitcoins.

No, they really are not. They lack the raw power to compete with AMD for Crypto-Currency mining. A cheap, old 6870 can match a 780 or a Titan.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Stop, before I have multiple people come in here to tell you otherwise, they are the worst thing to mine with. A 7950 will mine more litecoins than a 780 ti

no they aren't! https://litecoin.info/Mining_hardware_comparison

- teamspeak.ltt-unofficial.com

- teamspeak.ltt-unofficial.net

- teamschnitzel.ltt-unofficial.com

- teamschnitzel.ltt-unofficial.net

cpu: Intel sandybridge-E 3930k @ 4.2Ghz

cooler: corsair h100 @ full speed push-pull

motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme

gpu: 2x EVGA GTX660's & 1x EVGA GTX980

ssd: 2x samsung 256GB 840 pro raid 0

ssd: 1x samsung 1TB 840 evo

hdd: WD green 3TB

hdd: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (st1000dm003)

hdd: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (st31000520as)

psu: corsair ax1200i

ram: 8x 4GB corsair platinum @1866mhz

case: coolermaster cosmos II

monitors Main: 8x LG 22EA53 1080p 60hz

monitor Extra: 1xiiyama prolite G2773Hs 1080p 120hz 27"

keyboard: logitech g19

mouse: corsair m60

Lenovo T550

RaspBerry pi webserver:

Nas:

StatusOffline.

PC straight to the modem/router/switch/DHCP-Server/... with a 20cm (+-8inch) cat6a patch cable because same price as cat5.

ISP: Telenet (belgium)

Speed: 60Down-4Up (+- 45€/month)

ping to there servers: +-8ms

ping to other Belgians: +-12ms

- wheels for cosmos II