Mix and match intel, amd and nvidia

Trustadz

From the old days I've heard people saying "Avoid matching AMD with intel and nvidia" or "either go intel+nvidia or AMD + AMD"

Was this true? Is this still true? What was the basis of that saying, or am I the only one who heard from that.

Ok, thanks. I wasn't that into components back then so didn't really have any incentive to research the subject. Now i hear nobody about it and was wondering about it.

AMD GPUs have/had some considerable amount of driver overhead(compared to Nvidia) but idk if this is still true. For that reason AMD GPU with low end AMD CPU (Ryzen has higher IPC so this should be fixed for the R3s) was is/bad.
Categorizing and not looking at individual decisions is not something one should do in live though, including this.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

My AMD system runs an Nvidia card and is about 10ft away from my girlfriends PC which uses an Intel chip--the world is still spinning last I've checked.

9 minutes ago, Trustadz said:

From the old days I've heard people saying "Avoid matching AMD with intel and nvidia" or "either go intel+nvidia or AMD + AMD"

Was this true? Is this still true? What was the basis of that saying, or am I the only one who heard from that.

before AMD bought ATI they had made ´motherboards with onboard Nvidia nForce chips