PC BSOD Very Frequently.

Ever since I built my PC, which was several months ago, it's been very unstable. This includes both application crashes and BSOD. As the attached screen grab indicates, my PC has been crashing and having errors much more than normal. More importantly, I've attached reports of my PC's BSOD by both  Sysnative BSOD Collection App and Blue Screen View. From what I can tell, it seems like there are a lot of kernel errors. Besides these blue screens, I get a lot application crashes as well. It seems possible that I have a hardware issue, but I have been experimenting with the possibility that some of my RAM is corrupt for a while, but I've swapped different sticks in and out many times and I think I've gotten rid of any corrupt memory. However, I'm still open to the idea that it's my RAM. Any solutions or ideas are appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: I ran the Windows memory diagnostic tool and it came back with no errors found. So, it's probably not a memory issue.

Reliablity Monitor.PNG

SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip

BSOD Logs.txt

have you run memtest86?

have you run scandisk on your harddrives?

the BSOD provided is for Directx.. but with what seems like more issues, have you tried a clean reinstall of windows?

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU 

Hi @ImmBananaMan can you save your event logs? Attach them and I'll check them out. I copied the steps from MS. I only really need Application and System logs.

Thank you!

To save event logs

1. Click Start, and point to Programs.

2. Point to Administrative Tools, and then click Event Viewer.

3. Right-click the appropriate log file (Application, Security, System, Directory Service, or File Replication Service).

4. Click Save Log File As.

5. Type a name for the file, and click Save.

||Intel i7-7770k | MSi Z270 Carbon Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3000mhz | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW | Corsair 400C & RM750 PSU + H100i||

||Creative SB Recon 3D Fatal1ty | Samsung Evo 850 500GB | Seagate 2TB | Lots of red LED fans |Corsair K70 Black | Razer Deathadder Chroma|| 

||Dell 27" U2713HM | ASUS VP239H | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Win 10 Pro | Portable gaming made possible with MSI GT70 2OC and a bag to dump in||

~~Assembled with love and care~~

On 6/26/2017 at 2:38 PM, Syncrosys said:

Hi @ImmBananaMan can you save your event logs? Attach them and I'll check them out. I copied the steps from MS. I only really need Application and System logs.

Thank you!

To save event logs

1. Click Start, and point to Programs.

2. Point to Administrative Tools, and then click Event Viewer.

3. Right-click the appropriate log file (Application, Security, System, Directory Service, or File Replication Service).

4. Click Save Log File As.

5. Type a name for the file, and click Save.

Hey, Syncrosys. Thanks for the reply. As per request, I attached some of the more common errors I've been getting from Event Viewer. To be honest, I'm not sure exactly which logs would be most helpful to provide, but I tried to be thorough. Maybe it's just the software I run, but if there's something wrong with my PC that you can tell from these logs, that'd be very useful. Thank you!

AMD ReLive Errors.evtx

BSOD Error Log #2.evtx

BSOD Error Log.evtx

DistributedCOM Error #2.evtx

DistributedCOM Error.evtx

EFS Errors.evtx

Service Control Manager Errors.evtx

Hey bud,

Yeah, just save the entire System and App log. I want the big picture. Specific errors are great, but I need to see what else is happening.

Right click application and save and same for system.

Thank you!

||Intel i7-7770k | MSi Z270 Carbon Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3000mhz | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW | Corsair 400C & RM750 PSU + H100i||

||Creative SB Recon 3D Fatal1ty | Samsung Evo 850 500GB | Seagate 2TB | Lots of red LED fans |Corsair K70 Black | Razer Deathadder Chroma|| 

||Dell 27" U2713HM | ASUS VP239H | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Win 10 Pro | Portable gaming made possible with MSI GT70 2OC and a bag to dump in||

On 6/29/2017 at 8:28 AM, Syncrosys said:

Hey bud,

Yeah, just save the entire System and App log. I want the big picture. Specific errors are great, but I need to see what else is happening.

Right click application and save and same for system.

Thank you!

Hello, I have just done what you asked for both the Application and System Event Logs but I only have the application event log in this comment since it would not let me post both so I will make a another comment with the system event log for you to check out.

Thanks for the help!

Application Event Log.evtx

Edit- For some reason I am not able to upload the system log into a comment since it says I can't upload more than 20 MB of media so I decided I'll just upload it to dropbox for you to see

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o1uehbb428y9fv9/System Event Log.evtx?dl=0

Thank you!

What do you have for RAM. 

I looked through everything... and my eyes feel like bleeding there's just so much going on. TONS of network issues. More than normal. What kind of wi-fi adapter are you using? USB? PCI-e? model?

There are so many failures due to network. There's also signs of corrupted apps and drivers.

I'm surprised this thing is even running at all. 

so....

1) update motherboard BIOS and all AMD based devices

2) Remove graphic drivers using http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

3) re-install new updated AMD graphic drivers

4) Run a memtest on your memory if it still fails

5) If it all comes back fine, do a "clean" re-install of windows (I would still do it if you figure out the issue, there's sooooo much corruption)

Hope one of these things help.

On 7/3/2017 at 10:26 AM, Syncrosys said:

Thank you!

What do you have for RAM. 

I looked through everything... and my eyes feel like bleeding there's just so much going on. TONS of network issues. More than normal. What kind of wi-fi adapter are you using? USB? PCI-e? model?

There are so many failures due to network. There's also signs of corrupted apps and drivers.

I'm surprised this thing is even running at all. 

so....

1) update motherboard BIOS and all AMD based devices

2) Remove graphic drivers using http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

3) re-install new updated AMD graphic drivers

4) Run a memtest on your memory if it still fails

5) If it all comes back fine, do a "clean" re-install of windows (I would still do it if you figure out the issue, there's sooooo much corruption)

Hope one of these things help.

Hi thanks for helping!

I'll start with the my internet usage. I'm currently using Ethernet and sometimes a small usb wifi adapter if necessary and I have noticed when I boot up, my Ethernet isn't working therefore I have to restart.  But I don't personally think it is part of the crashing problem since the Ethernet connection problem has only been happening recently.  Lastly I did end up reinstalling the Ethernet drivers just yesterday and no problems yet. 

Next I wanted to say that I have tried the uninstalling of graphics drivers and reinstalling them many times  and found no success after doing so.  But just yesterday I got a new graphics card from my friend (his old 980ti) and so far no problems with it. If anything I hope that my new graphics card is how to stop these crashes. 

Lastly the reinstall of windows and memtest, I have done both of these already and had no success. Last time I did a reinstall of windows was shortly after Christmas when I got my new mobo and the thing is the crashing was happening before that.  And the last time I did memtest was probably February because the crashing kept happening and it did find that some sticks were corrupted but sadly I forgot to take a picture of the error but I'm pretty sure I got rid of the right ones since after that I've used the windows memory test and it found no problems. I haven't done memtest since because it took almost a whole day to do one scan.

Hopefully the new graphics card will be the fix but if not I'll make sure to update you.