So I've been wondering

Levelcapgaming seems ti be able to upload battlefield 3 and 4 gameplay just fine and monetize the. Matimi0 and dozens of other guys. Yet, me as someone trying to start their own gaming channel cannot upload these without ea claiming that they "own the freaking footage". Now I get a couple hundred views per video 250-450. But I cannot help but wonder why is EA playing this game, of taking people's footage off line and putting into advertisements. I distinctly remember in the terms of use for bf3 that were allowed to upload this footage without copyright being infringed. Why is google screwing me and a lot of other small gaming channels?

They have the backing of networks, they handle getting licensing from EA/other publishers to monetise the footage.

You could join with mashitima (machinima) to get licensing to post the footage, but they royally fuck with your channel (automatically like+favourite their own videos) and don't pay much.

edit: signing with them is a perpetual agreement, you cant cancel the contract - only they can.

ObviouslyJesus got them (machinima) to release him eventually, but his method involved mass harassment of another content creators autistic child.

The networks that these guys are partnered with are on the YouTube board so they have the power to negotiate directly with people like EA's legal team to allow the use of BF4 footage. Unfortunately since you are not with these partners you don't have a big enough bark per-say to be heard. Sucks but it's how it is atm.

Who exactly are they partnered with as I have been unable to find a single network they are tied to(I.e. Machinima, Revision 3, or Ign).

I'm hereby and forever banning any and all ea games from my channel. They freaking suck, I'm sick of their crap, between the sexist commercials, origin, drm, and now this nonsense. I'm through.

Who exactly are they partnered with as I have been unable to find a single network they are tied to(I.e. Machinima, Revision 3, or Ign).

I'm hereby and forever banning any and all ea games from my channel. They freaking suck, I'm sick of their crap, between the sexist commercials, origin, drm, and now this nonsense. I'm through.

have_a_cookie_sticker-re64bc992e1dd4a03b

EA is really quite terrible nowadays yes :/ 

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Could be IGN, fullscreen, yeousch, etc.

It doesnt really matter who - if you dont have a partnership, you cant monetise your gaming content without a copyright strike.

Valve allow all intellectual property to be monetised on youtube, so you could always upload that, however not all companies love us like valve do.

Honestly, you cant get mad at them for not wanting you to monetise their content... It's not your intellectual property in the first place.

The networks that they are partnered with deal with the trademarking and licensing

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3