Gigabyte R9 280X weird fps

Tr1kk1

Hi

I have this weird performance issue with this card.Other day i was playing BF4 with ultra,it never dropped below 60fps.The next day im getting 40+ fps.So why the numbers change each day? Everything stayed the same.My friend has the same specs than me,he's fps doesn't vary like mine do.After freshly installed OS.FPS is fine.Next day,worst case scenario it could be under 30fps.Using 13.10 drivers.This is very odd.Over 1h BF4 gaming,my Gpu temperature won't go over 72'C

Hi

I have this weird performance issue with this card.Other day i was playing BF4 with ultra,it never dropped below 60fps.The next day im getting 40+ fps.So why the numbers change each day? Everything stayed the same.My friend has the same specs than me,he's fps doesn't vary like mine do.After freshly installed OS.FPS is fine.Next day,worst case scenario it could be under 30fps.Using 13.10 drivers.This is very odd.Over 1h BF4 gaming,my Gpu temperature won't go over 72'C

that is super weird, have you tried this with single player maybe although i don't know how multiplayer would make much of a difference. 

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

some maps play 40-60 fps some maps play 60-80 fps in my experience Bf4 is still being optimized i think.

Also try getting 13.11 beta drivers.

Continue.....

Im getting frustrated with this thing.From day 1,nothing but problems.Honestly this haswell/r9 280x reminds me the time that VIA chipset was new.Nothing worked in that mobo.My friend has the same cpu,memory,gpu.Only difference that he has Gigabyte M5 sniper and mine is Gigabyte z87-HD3.He's bf4 is on ultra,just like me.He's getting 60+ fps.Mine goes from 43-60.So am i to believe that solid fps is from mobo? just today my fps dropped to solid 25-30.Without any reason.I don't know what to do anymore.I have installed OS and drivers over and over.

@Tr1kk1

What CPU do u have? I'm also running R9-280X (ASUS) paired with i7 4770K, everything stock atm, and I'm getting 60 FPS w/ V-sync on ultra settings. I should mention I'm using Catalyst 13.11. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

Cpu Is 4670k. Im using catalyst 13.11 lets take a map like hainann. Outside Of the hotel Im getting like 45 fps. On ultra and V sync on. And my friend fps with V sync Is 60.At the same spot. And rarely drops below 60 fps. I know this all sounds retarded. But Would you like to know, why your fps is atleast 15 lower than your friend, almost in all maps. And with identical parts.And i even tried to overclock the card. Core 1150 And mems 6300. My friend has the same oc. After 1 minute of furmarks burn in test. My card throttless the Cpu to stock. Even with a very slight oc. It throttless down. Stock clocks my temperatures are below 67'c at all times.I'll throw the exact system specs.

My                                                        Friend

4670k                                                   4670k

Gigabyte Z87-HD3                               Gigabyte M5 Sniper                             

8Gb G.skill Sniper cas 9                       8Gb G.skill Sniper cas 7

Gigabyte R9 280X                                Gigabyte R9 280X 

Corsair HX650 PSU                              Corsair HX750 PSU  

windows 8                                             windows 8

Catalyst 13.11                                      Catalyst 13.11

Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 (rev. 1.x) BIOS F6 description  

Fixes:
- Support PCB ver 1.0/1.1
- Improve PCIE-E compatibility

Does this do anything to the performance?

@Tr1kk1

Don't know what to say man. I'd return that card. I just tested out that map, and I'm getting anything from 65 to 90 when roaming around hotel w/o v-sync. Steady 60 w/ v-sync on. Ask for different manufacturer if you can.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

oh noes, im getting a gigabyte r9 280x for mah 1st build...now i dont know what to think about it. did i make a bad choice?

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

For my friend,the second gigabyte r9 280x works great.First was overheating all the time.This card is also loud.I recommend you to get the Asus version of this.And for my problem,im going tonight to a friend's house.And test this card at his computer.And im trying his card on mine.Updates follow later

Gigabyte R9 280x is ok,tested on a different system.Memory tested,ok.So now 2 suspects remain.Either the Corsair HX-650 (bought 2009) is somehow working in lesser capacity.Every time i overclock even a tiny bit.after 1 min of furmark burn in test,either it throttles down to stock or actually the performance suffers.Or the Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 mobo is somehow faulty.Which is not far off,i believe.I even had to battle to get the memory sticks to work.

oh noes, im getting a gigabyte r9 280x for mah 1st build...now i dont know what to think about it. did i make a bad choice?

I would still go for a 770 but if you just want it for mantle, there wont be any problems. If yours starts to hiccup then just return it,