500 dollar build.

chos5555

I think this is a rig for his aunt, not intended for gaming :o

A A10 6800k is A Athlon X4 760k + a 7750, It doesn't make sense to get them separated, you can save power, space and money with the APU. 

Have you read the first post? :3 It says that it is for my aunt that is really not gaming, and it needs to be housed in PRodigy M cause my aunt loves it xD

Ok.

The build I gave you would of had the best bang for your buck but here you go.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/27Pqf

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 750K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($79.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A55M-HD2 Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard  ($52.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Kingston Blu 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($36.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: A-Data Premier Pro SP600 32GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($44.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($51.00 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: HIS Radeon HD 6670 2GB Video Card  ($74.54 @ Amazon) 
Case: BitFenix Prodigy M Midnight MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($105.78 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Antec Basiq 350W ATX Power Supply  ($29.99 @ Amazon) 
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer  ($19.49 @ Amazon) 
Total: $495.76
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

CPU Intel Core i7-3537U @ 3.1GHz  GPU NVIDIA GEFORCE 740M  RAM 4GB DDR3  Storage 500GB 5400 RPM  DISPLAY 1366 x 768 Laptop Display MOBO Laptop MOBO  CASE Laptop Case  PSU Laptop PSU  OS Windows 8.1 x64

That's great A10 6800k is a hell of a processor, the build would last a lot. You can even play games like crazy on that thing! Also 350w is more than you will need :) ! As long you don't put a Dedicated gpu in there.

I really don't think a 32gb SSD is of any use though, SSDs get slower the more full they are. With windows and some basic apps, it will be around 80% :(

Do you have any benchmarks that show this processor is significantly superior to any other?

A slow SSD is still much faster than an HDD!

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Do you have any benchmarks that show this processor is significantly superior to any other?

A slow SSD is still much faster than an HDD!

Well, there are tons of reviews and bechmarks of APUs. Of course an APU will be slower than a 4670k CPU performance wise, or even compared to a 8350. But the arguement of the build was, a rig for his aunt, that will not play any demanding game, that will last long enough and gets the job done. The performance is just like a Athlon X4 760k @ 3.8ghz (4.2ghz turbo). paired with a 7750.

He wanted to be sure the HD graphics will not limit the system in any way, because he was not going to get a dedicated GPU.

You are right, a Slow SSD is still faster than a HDD, however this is a PC we are talking about, and they are customizable and upgradeable, Maybe next month he can throw a 120gb SSD, and get a much better solution.

Well, there are tons of reviews and bechmarks of APUs. Of course an APU will be slower than a 4670k CPU performance wise, or even compared to a 8350. But the arguement of the build was, a rig for his aunt, that will not play any demanding game, that will last long enough and gets the job done. The performance is just like a Athlon X4 760k @ 3.8ghz (4.2ghz turbo). paired with a 7750.

He wanted to be sure the HD graphics will not limit the system in any way, because he was not going to get a dedicated GPU.

You are right, a Slow SSD is still faster than a HDD, however this is a PC we are talking about, and they are customizable and upgradeable, Maybe next month he can throw a 120gb SSD, and get a much better solution.

I asked for facts, not argument.

But no one was proposing an i5-4670K in this build. In fact it started with an i3 and ways were found to stay in budget and move up to an entry level i5. In fact the budget was worked such that a decent size SSD could be included.

So I'm trying to figure out why one needs a build that includes a gpu, when none should be necessary. And a tiny SSD and HDD, when an acceptable sized SSD was included at a lower cost.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

AMD would definitely be the better option but it's not compatible with Itx so your aunt would have to choose a different case.

There are itx mobos for AMD... Just not AM3+

i think I forgot to say that I live in Czech Republic, and I can't find the i5-2320 for sell in CZ(there is just 1 buying option and that is for 250 bucks), also we don't have Coolmax PSUs and some other stuff :(

No, sorry for not saying that.

Where are you shopping?

I tried to build it my own on partpicker xD. This is how it gone out: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/27z6l What do you think?

It's best not to shop using US prices if that's not where you're buying from.

I think this is a rig for his aunt, not intended for gaming :o

A A10 6800k is A Athlon X4 760k + a 7750, It doesn't make sense to get them separated, you can save power, space and money with the APU. 

Although the 6800k is overkill for the build, it's not even close to a 760k + 7750...

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Where are you shopping?

Although the 6800k is overkill for the build, it's not even close to a 760k + 7750...

A 760K is a A10 6800k without the IGP. The 8670D is the same GPU as the 7750, but it doesn't uses DDR5, it uses DDR3 instead.

A 760K is a A10 6800k without the IGP. The 8670D is the same GPU as the 7750, but it doesn't uses DDR5, it uses DDR3 instead.

Yeah and the performance isn't really comparable.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Where are you shopping?

I'm shopping from Czech republic, or do you mean the exact shop?

I know it is best to not shop in USD and US prices, but part picker is just nice. You can see everything clearly and such. Cause of that I do like to plan the PCs at partpicker and then I am searching for it in CZ. The prices are not super different.

I'm shopping from Czech republic, or do you mean the exact shop?

I know it is best to not shop in USD and US prices, but part picker is just nice. You can see everything clearly and such. Cause of that I do like to plan the PCs at partpicker and then I am searching for it in CZ. The prices are not super different.

Exact shop and links please.

The US has many different sales so it's not exactly accurate and you can select the best prices if you can see them from where you're actually buying.