3200mhz dd4 at 4000mhz stable?

Go to solution Solved by rn8686,

The memory is only rated for 3200? Memory OC'ability is dependant on the silicon lottery. It may work, it may not, we cant know (I suspect you wont be able to push it that far though). 

The memory is only rated for 3200? Memory OC'ability is dependant on the silicon lottery. It may work, it may not, we cant know (I suspect you wont be able to push it that far though). 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

Like rn8686 said, RAM is binned for a set speed.

if you are able to get higher someone didnt do their job right :) 

CPU: 6700k 4.6Ghz GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X MB: MSI Gaming M5 PSU: Evga 750 G2 Case: Phanteks EVOLV 

1 minute ago, Spectrez said:

Like rn8686 said, RAM is binned for a set speed.

CPUs are "binned" for set speeds too. 

By that logic Intel and AMD have made massive fuck ups during production. 

GG

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Just now, DildorTheDecent said:

CPUs are "binned" for set speeds too. 

By that logic Intel and AMD have made massive fuck ups during production. 

GG

Not sure how my comment is wrong by that logic?

CPU: 6700k 4.6Ghz GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X MB: MSI Gaming M5 PSU: Evga 750 G2 Case: Phanteks EVOLV 

1 hour ago, Spectrez said:

Not sure how my comment is wrong by that logic?

A user being able to change the clock of a component is "some not doing there job right"

By that logic, my 5820K is the result of someone not doing there job right as i am able to change the speed it was binned at. Same for my 980s. 

ok

Never said you were wrong either (good job). Just that theory has more wholes that swiss cheese. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

10 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

A user being able to change the clock of a component is "some not doing there job right"

By that logic, my 5820K is the result of someone not doing there job right as i am able to change the speed it was binned at. Same for my 980s. 

ok

Never said you were wrong either (good job). Just that theory has more wholes that swiss cheese. 

if Intel decided that the 5820k should be binned for different speeds and not just cores and you got a chip that was running higher then yes, someone didnt do their job properly.

the speed advertised by Intel is the minimum advertised specifications 

3 hours ago, Spectrez said:

Setting a faster memory divider on a kit that is binned for 3200 isn't someone "not doing their job right". That's called overclocking. Just about everything does it. Multipliers for CPUs and raw clock for GPUs. 

1 hour ago, Spectrez said:

if Intel decided that the 5820k should be binned for different speeds and not just cores and you got a chip that was running higher then yes, someone didnt do their job properly.

the speed advertised by Intel is the minimum advertised specifications 

If anything getting a processor that isn't running at least at base clock is "someone not doing there job properly". Either the motherboard manufacturer or Intel.