Story of a lonely Define R3

MrPG8

Hey, let’s get started.

Prologue:

I made my current pc late 2009. Back then I had a black (home) painted Aerocool AeroEngine II.

I went with an i5-750 and an MSI P55-GD80 motherboard with 4gigs of ram. I had a 4670 left from my old pc and I wasn’t really sure what to buy so I didn’t get anything at the time.

First assembled (sorry for blurriness)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

I sold my old cpu cooler because of compatibility issues (blue Asus Silent Night), and my Thermalright was late, so I only had the stock cooler. In the meantime I individually sleeved all my cables. Shortly my TrueBlack 120 arrived:

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

11.jpg

I got a new GPU, Sapphire 5770:

10.jpg

To be continued...

The next big upgrade was a new case. It was getting too loud and small for me (not to mention the lack of dust filters…). I went with the Define R3.

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

To be continued...

I recently bought 3 Arctic F12 TC-s and a Sapphire 7870 Flex, as I always wanted a full silent pc. The F12-s are running around 500 on idle and 1300 on load. It is completely silent now and I have no trouble sleeping next to it. Right now the loudest parts are my 500GB hard drives in raid 1…

23.jpg23.png

24.png

25.png

26.png

27.png

28.png

29.png

30.jpg

31.jpg

At this point I wasn’t satisfied with the temps I was getting. The CPU is running at 3.6GHz and on load I was getting 70-72°C. I popped back my stock Fractal fan and undervolted it. I now have push-pull on my CPU cooler(still completely silent). At full load my CPU maxes out at 59°C.

I’m planning to make an outside photo shoot, just waiting for the weather to get better.

I hope you liked it and let me know if you’re interested in seeing more pictures as I have a tons of them.

Thanks for stopping by.

Picture book :P

HX650 ï¼¼(ï¼¾Oï¼¾)ï¼

How's your Sapphire? Does it have the Black Screen of Death issue? GRR, Still waiting for my replacement card to come home..

Great to see another R3 owner here! Best case ever right? :D

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

Well, when i first put it in i plugged in all 3 monitors that I currently have and I got only black screen. Then I unplugged 2 of them and restart, boot to windows, replug. No problems since then.

Great to see another R3 owner here! Best case ever right?

Hahh, yeah. I wouldn't switch to anything else.

I personally wouldn't switch to R4 even, the reset button on the top is just wrong.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

Me neither. I heard the front dust filter likes to resonate. I have everything I need in the R3.

"Story of a lonely define r3" ------ Is that .a.... blink-182 Story of a Lonely Guy reference? Because if yes then I love you :D