Smallest PSU that can supply 300w

EunSoo
1 hour ago, SCGazelle said:

My only storage is going to be an m.2 and my fan are going to run off the motherboard fan headers so I don't think I'll need anything other than the 24pin and 4pin eps.

so my parts list for power supply is the Murata 400w AC-DC Converter. The Pico. The wires and connector for the pcie 8pin. Would I need anything else for the gpu power, especially the connection from the AC-DC Converter.

TBH, I would suggest going with the HDPLEX 400w + Dell 330w power brick route, as it will work right out the box. Here's a video on it (Skip to around 1:50 to see how it look inside case).

Another (pause it when it plays and it should be at around 11:11 in):

That's show him setting it up in a near complete build. If you look at the far right where there's two screws in a hole in the middle, that's where you will plugged in the external 19V power brick which in this case is the Dell 330w unit.

The Murata PSU, while it would be a fun DIY project, would require you to do some wiring work while complying to certain safety consideration. Not to mentioned, since it going to be inside the small case in close proximity your components / workspace, you probably want to put it into an enclosure to isolate it when you work on the computer.

Here's a PDF file of the MVAC400-12A, where the diagram of the PSU and requirements is on page 7. Look it over. [LINK]

Spoiler

SAFETY CONSIDERATION NOTES:

1. Protective bonding conductor from the end product protective earthing terminal must be tied to TB1. For optimum EMI performance, while maintaining Class I safety isolation all 4 mounting holes must be tied to the end product protective earthing terminal. To maintain Class II safety isolation mounting holes MTG1 and MTG2 need to be isolated from protective earth and should use standoffs of non-conductive material.

2. This power supply requires mounting standoffs of minimum 6mm in height. If there is risk of chassis deformation or shorter standoff height is required, an appropriate insulator must be used under the power supply with adequate extension beyond the outline of the power supply. In all cases, the applicable safety standards must be applied to ensure proper creepage and clearance requirements are met.

3. The primary heatsink is considered a live primary circuit, and should not be touched. It is recommended that the primary heatsink be kept at least 3.5mm from chassis, and 7mm from secondary circuits. In all cases, the applicable safety standards must be applied to ensure proper creepage and clearance requirements are met.

4. This product is subject to the following operating requirements and the Life and Safety Critical Application Sales Policy: Refer to:http://www.murata-ps.com/requirements/

5. Used only in non-tropical conditions.

6. Double pole/neutralfusing

2 hours ago, SCGazelle said:

@Space Reptile So I've been researching the HDPlex solution. So here is the way I think it works: So the solution comes in two pieces. The AC-DC converter and the power splitter. So very similar to the other one I'm looking at but this one is more polished and built for PCs. Now here's my issue. I have room for the power splitter, however, the AC-DC converter might be an issue. So I might have to make the converter be external. But because the power splitter and the converter connect using a 6pin connector, I am locked into that converter which clearly isn't meant to be external. So I am trying to figure out how I could elegantly overcome this issue.

the HD plex takes 12v from an external brick and then behaves like a fully modular powersupply inside the pc , all you need is the cables 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list