Help with reservoir

Hi! I'm quite new to the custom water cooling scene. I am getting into it because of EK's new fluid gaming series. I'm building a whole new system to go with it (upgrading from a 750 ti to a 1080 ti). The case I've chosen is the phanteks enthoo evolv. I am quite a sucker for aesthetics, so I really want a good looking reservoir in my build. i found out that the pump/res combo that comes with the kit is compatible with all x3 reservoirs. Unfortunately (because I'm an absolute scrub) I can't figure out how much space I have in the case or how tall the pump itself is. My question is this: If I swap out the included reservoir with a 250ml x3 one, how tall will that pump and res be, and will it fit in the phanteks enthoo evolv when mounted in a normal vertical stance? Thanks in advance!

I would wait and get it all set up and THEN decide whether you want the extra sized res.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Thanks for the advice damascus. I have thought of the same thing. Only problem is that the EK a240g isn't available in norway, nor is the compatible reservoirs. Since I'll have to order them from the UK, it will cost around double the price if I buy a reservoir only, but only add a few bucks if I buy it all together.

Hey I just finished my custom loop in that case with ek parts. See link below for pictures and a complete parts list.

I have a 120mm vertical mount on the front and I'm using the top of the res + pump combo as an inlet. With a 360mm PE rad there's actually not a lot of space. I had to open the basement and lower the pump as far down as it can go. Anyway I hope this helps.

59 minutes ago, xHadrian said:

Picture from: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/793103-bad-temperatures-despite-custom-loop/

This should give you a pretty good idea. If I'm not mistaken, that's a 150 mL res/DDC pump combo.

Hope that helped.

20170222_130704.thumb.jpg.afc04e44768d81a04a4340580d037113.jpg

Isn't that the guy who had problem with his temps due to this case?

Record holder for Firestrike, Firestrike Extreme and Firestrike Ultra for his hardware

Top 100 for TimeSpy and Top 25 for Timespy Extreme

Intel i7 10700 || 64GB Kingston Predator RGB || Asus H470i Strix || MSI RX 6700XT Merc X2 OC || Corsair MP600 500GB ||  WD Blue SN550 1TB || 500GB Samsung 860 EVO || EVGA 550 GM || EK-Classic 115X aRGB CPU block - Corsair XR5 240mm RAD - Alphacool GPU Block - DarkSide 240mm external rad || Lian Li Q58 || 2x Cooler Master ARGB 120MM + 2x Noctua  Redux 1700RPM 120MM 

Just now, Kevo05s said:

Isn't that the guy who had problem with his temps due to this case?

Seems like it, though I don't think the case is the problem. It's one of the best cases out there for water cooling imo.

That's the case I'm using and I'm getting great temps but this guy has two 980s in there. JaysTwoCents used the evolv for a 2 x Titan X build and he mentioned heat issues because the case airflow wasnt good enough.