bios Sabertooth x79

agricola
Go to solution Solved by Volbet,

i also found this but how do i know if i need to do this?

can i just install my system and press start to see if it works? 

Assemble your system and see if it boots. If it boots you can go into the bios and check which bios version you are running. If it doesn't boot you probably need to do the update, but since your motherboard is just been purchased it most likely have a newer bios than 1203

i just bought a new sabertooth x79 and a 4930k.

i read that for ivy e i have to uodate the bios using bios flashback.

the instruction says that if my bios is older then 1203 i also have to flash a bios converter, but how do i find my bios version?

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/SABERTOOTH_X79/#support in "Drivers & Tools" → "Choose your OS" → BIOS-Utilities → SABERTOOTH-X79-CAP-Converter.

If it a completely new motherboard it probably comes with a newer bios, so I would try out if it works before flashing. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Hello, I don't see how you would be able to check without turning it on. If you bought it recently it should already have an updated bios. If not, just update it anyway? 

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/SABERTOOTH_X79/#support in "Drivers & Tools" → "Choose your OS" → BIOS-Utilities → SABERTOOTH-X79-CAP-Converter.

If it a completely new motherboard it probably comes with a newer bios, so I recommend trying it out first. 

can i just install my system and press the power button to see if it works? 

Yeah why not. Worst that can happen is that it won't work and you'll have to flash your bios ( You will need a USB Stick ofc)

Interested in Business and Technology

Assemble your system and see if it boots. If it boots you can go into the bios and check which bios version you are running. If it doesn't boot you probably need to do the update, but since your motherboard is just been purchased it most likely have a newer bios than 1203

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes