transferring OS

Lucifer02

Hey guys so I got a new SSD and I want to transfer my OS to the new SSD from the HDD. Now i know I can clone all the memory from the HDD to the SSD but the HDD at this point has too much of malware and I just want a clean OS on the SSD, but there are also other drivers on my PC which I don't know how to identify and thus I am not installing just an OS into  the SSD. Anyone have any solutions to this problem.

What I basically want is a fresh new PC with the OS and all the drivers of the old PC without any of the malware.

Thank you for taking your time to help out.

Windows will automatically install the drivers you need, don't worry

I recommend clean install

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

so windows tells me to have my windows ID key is this it?

Screenshot_2.png

11 minutes ago, Lucifer02 said:

Hey guys so I got a new SSD and I want to transfer my OS to the new SSD from the HDD. Now i know I can clone all the memory from the HDD to the SSD but the HDD at this point has too much of malware and I just want a clean OS on the SSD, but there are also other drivers on my PC which I don't know how to identify and thus I am not installing just an OS into  the SSD. Anyone have any solutions to this problem.

What I basically want is a fresh new PC with the OS and all the drivers of the old PC without any of the malware.

Thank you for taking your time to help out.

Run MalwareBytes,etc and clean it,get a copy of Acronis for like $15 (other free programs should work as well) and clone it

If u want a clean OS,go to Run (Start+D) and type in devmgmt.msc and it should open device manager,list all the important stuff and reinstall the OS on the SSD (unplug the HDD,so u accidently dont wipe your HDD) and the plug the hdd back in and get all your stuff,Download the drivers from the website (Microsoft Drivers Are SH*T!) on another computer (if u dont have another computer,plug ur hdd,boot off your hdd,download drivers and transfer it to SSD and boot up to the SSD and install drivers

PC Specs:Custom Built PC

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

Laptop Specs:Acer TravelMate 8472

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

Just now, Lucifer02 said:

Screenshot_2.png

That is not the key,it is the activation id,download a tool like Produkey and use that to get your key and use that key to install Windows.

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

2 minutes ago, Lucifer02 said:

Screenshot_2.png

Also why 32-Bit OS? a i3 530 is good enough to operate a 64-Bit OS

Just now, Gaurav S Rao said:

Also why 32-Bit OS? a i3 530 is good enough to operate a 64-Bit OS

it was the pre-installed version nobody ever bothered to change it in the last 5 years and now I'm finally taking up the job

Extracting product key does not work if you have a pre-built OEM. You have to get your PK off the COA sticker.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 minute ago, SCHISCHKA said:

Extracting product key does not work if you have a pre-built OEM. You have to get your PK off the COA sticker.

COA sticker?

Just now, Lucifer02 said:

COA sticker?

you have OEM win 7 so you should have a sticker on the case with the product key on it

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

3 hours ago, SCHISCHKA said:

Extracting product key does not work if you have a pre-built OEM. 

Yeah it does. 

4 minutes ago, NCIX Lampy said:

Yeah it does. 

OEMs use the same key across entire product lines to bulk activate computers. This is what your tool extracts and that key will not work.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

OEMs use the same key across entire product lines to bulk activate computers. 

@GoodBytes Is this true? I thought each had their own individual key. 

4 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

OEMs use the same key across entire product lines to bulk activate computers. This is what your tool extracts and that key will not work.

Agree and key is locked down to series of motherboards and microcodes.

My Rig : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MTBd2R

My VM Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rPR6gL

My Backup Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cRQYYr

My Storage Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tzzR9W

My Router : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bMPN4C

My Laptop : Lenovo Z575 with 6 GB RAM (1866 MHz), Crucial MX300 525 GB & Western Digital 2 TB (Removed optical drive)

Just now, NCIX Lampy said:

@GoodBytes Is this true? I thought each had their own individual key. 

windows 7 OEM do get their own keys. read my f-ing post. you get a sticker on the back of your case that has your PK. The PK inside the machine is the product of bulk activation by the manufacturer.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

read my f-ing post. 

Calm down jesus christ 

windows 7 OEM do get their own keys. read my f-ing post. 

Did you? 

13 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

windows 7 OEM do get their own keys. read my f-ing post. you get a sticker on the back of your case that has your PK. The PK inside the machine is the product of bulk activation by the manufacturer.

BTW i found what you were talking about there was a sticker at the side of the PC saying Windows activation key

Thank you 

For Windows 8 and 10 (and late Windows 7 systems when EFI reached the PC market), manufactures have a process in storing a unique product key in their UEFI chip. That is why you don't have those Windows product key stickers anymore. You install the OS, Windows will see the unique product key stored in the UEFI, and do the activation process. In other words, it is like you bought Windows at the store, and the key was entered for you.

For Windows 7 on non-EFI system and prior, it is a bit complicated (BIOS were used in systems at the time). The install media is made by Microsoft (and can be reproduced by the OEM to include in the box, but as most people threw their box and all disk soon after they get their computer, and to be price competitive and maximize every penny for profits, OEM stop including it, and gave you this crap image utility system. Fun fact.) The manufacture DO USE a generic key, but not manually entered, it is stored in some file on the disk which tells Windows Activation system to look for the unique product key on the BIOS chip, and assume it is activated. So, if you called to order your system, and you request the installation media (usually it was free), and you decide to clean install Windows with the disk provided specifically, then you would notice that no product key was ever asked, and Windows is activated even before you connect yourself to the internet. If you check using standard tools for the product key, it will be a generic key... if you use it on another system, say one that you built, or a pre-built system from a different brand, it will not work. Windows will go in trial mode. Dell had its key, HP had its key, and so on and so forth. The problem with this method, is that the key could be easily extracted from the BIOS, and stored on another system, and using the same disk (or a copy of it), one can illegally pirate Windows, and never have to worry about activation problem, ever. This was a serious problem for Microsoft, as you had many smaller manufactures around the world that made tools to code their BIOS to have the key and have a disk image of a manufacture, and allow to have Windows treat their system as if it was made by Dell, HP, etc.. have Windows activated, no piracy tool needed, no system file modifications, and can't be disabled by Microsoft as the OS would not even do the online activation. Note: Apologies for some inaccuracies and missing details, it's been a long time.

7 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

For Windows 8 and 10 (and late Windows 7 systems where EFI reached the PC market), manufactures have a process in storing a unique product key in their UEFI chip. That is why you don't have those Windows product key stickers anymore. You install the OS, Windows will see the unique product key stored in the UEFI, and do the activation process. In other words, it is like you bought Windows at the store, and the key was entered for you.

For Windows 7 on non-EFI system and prior, it is a bit complicated (BIOS were used in systems at the time). The install media is made by Microsoft (and can be reproduced by the OEM to include in the box, but as most people through the box and all disk soon after they get their computer, and to be price competitive and maximize every penny for profits, OEM stop including it, and gave you this crap image utility system. Fun fact.) The manufacture DO USE a generic key, but not manually entered, it is stored in some file on the disk which tells Windows Activation system to look for the unique product key on the BIOS chip, and assume it is activated. So, if you called to order your system, and you request the installation media (usually it was free), and you decide to clean install Windows with the disk provided specifically, then you would notice that no product key was ever asked, and Windows is activated even before you connect yourself to the internet. If you check using standard tools for the product key, it will be a generic key... if you use it on another system, say one that you built, or a pre-built system from a different brand, it will not work. Windows will go in trial mode. Dell had its key, HP had its key, and so on and so forth. The problem with this method, is that the key could be easily extracted from the BIOS, and stored on another system, and using the same disk (or a copy of it), one can illegally pirate Windows, and never have to worry about activation problem, ever. This was a serious problem for Microsoft, as you had many smaller manufactures around the world that made tools to code their BIOS to have the key and have a disk image of a manufacture, and allow to have Windows treat their system as if it was made by Dell, HP, etc.. have Windows activated, no piracy tool needed, no system file modifications, and can't be disabled by Microsoft as the OS would not even do the online activation. Note: Apologies for some inaccuracies and missing details, it's been a long time.

So are you telling me that this basically won't work?

19263811_1529600313780537_1836574023_o.jpg

4 hours ago, Lucifer02 said:

So are you telling me that this basically won't work?

If you have the product key (which I think you do from the picture you posted), and you have a install disk of Windows 7 Home Premium (it needs that edition specifically), then you can just enter it during the install, and it will activate (phone activation might be required if it is the first time doing this, you'll know if that is the case, as activation will fail and propose to you to do a phone activation (its free to call for most regions, and usually takes 2min and no wait time, operates 24/7).

Keep in that the license remains locked to the system, and not transferable as per the license agreement you accepted when you first started the system.

16 hours ago, Lucifer02 said:

COA sticker?

COA sticker should be there if it was a prebuilt machine (and if it was custom,it might also have a coa) or else produckey gives exact product keys from the Windows Install,and btw ,your Windows install is OEM.

2 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

If you have the product key (which I think you do from the picture you posted), and you have a install disk of Windows 7 Home Premium (it needs that edition specifically), then you can just enter it during the install, and it will activate (phone activation might be required if it is the first time doing this, you'll know if that is the case, as activation will fail and propose to you to do a phone activation (its free to call for most regions, and usually takes 2min and no wait time, operates 24/7).

Keep in that the license remains locked to the system, and not transferable as per the license agreement you accepted when you first started the system.

Well,Internet activation does in fact work,I have activated Windows Vista with a Lenovo OEM Key using the online activation and it did work and is still activated till now,I know it is not Windows 7,but its basically the same way.and If you saw Jorden Wollery's video on "Can Windows 9 Edition be upgraded to Windows 10?" it took him 10 minutes to activate that using phone activation (Windows 9 Edition is basically Windows 7 with different themes).Yes the same edition of the OS will matter,but not sure if the architecture matters (If he doesn't have a disc of his OS,download the ISO file from HeiDoc.net's  Windows ISO download tool since the Online website to get the ISO from microsoft doesn't in fact accept OEM keys,so he has to use that tool to download his edition that his product key belongs to.

9 hours ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

Well,Internet activation does in fact work,I have activated Windows Vista with a Lenovo OEM Key using the online activation and it did work and is still activated till now,I know it is not Windows 7,but its basically the same way.and If you saw Jorden Wollery's video on "Can Windows 9 Edition be upgraded to Windows 10?" it took him 10 minutes to activate that using phone activation (Windows 9 Edition is basically Windows 7 with different themes).Yes the same edition of the OS will matter,but not sure if the architecture matters (If he doesn't have a disc of his OS,download the ISO file from HeiDoc.net's  Windows ISO download tool since the Online website to get the ISO from microsoft doesn't in fact accept OEM keys,so he has to use that tool to download his edition that his product key belongs to.

- That is because you entered the key under your system.

- Windows 9 doesn't exists

- You have spaced after punctuation signs. Please put them.

- Architecture doesn't matter

- Call to activate