VSX-531-K vs RX-V379

Just need some help if anyone has had some experience with these receivers. I just bought a pair of Klipsch R-15m speakers and want to use a receiver to drive them in a 2.1 (possibly 2 or 3 subs). Also need a sub out to which I have a wonky setup for my sub(s).

Currently the Pioneer VSX-531 goes for 299 CAD and the Yamaha RX-V379 for 329 CAD. My dad has a Pioneer VSX-921 that drives a 7.1 setup and does well so I trust the VSX series.

Do you think the VSX-531K would be plenty for my speakers?

R-15m Specs

FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 62Hz - 24kHz +/- 3dB
LOW FREQUENCY EXTENSION: 54Hz
SENSITIVITY: 94dB @ 2.83V / 1m
POWER HANDLING: 85W Continuous/340W Peak
NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8 Ohms Compatible
Spoiler

CPU: AMD R7 5800X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i PRO | Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO | Memory: G.Skill RIPJAWS V DDR4 3200mhz 64GB | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra | PSU: Seasonic Prime 1300w | OS Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB | Games Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB | Media Drive: 2x WD Blue HDD 1TB in Raid 0 | Media Drive: 2x WD Black HDD 2TB in Raid 1 | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D | Monitor 1: ASUS PB287Q UHD | Monitor 2: ASUS PG278Q WQHD

5 minutes ago, AdamHolt96 said:

Just need some help if anyone has had some experience with these receivers. I just bought a pair of Klipsch R-15m speakers and want to use a receiver to drive them in a 2.1 (possibly 2 or 3 subs). Also need a sub out to which I have a wonky setup for my sub(s).

Currently the Pioneer VSX-531 goes for 299 CAD and the Yamaha RX-V379 for 329 CAD. My dad has a Pioneer VSX-921 that drives a 7.1 setup and does well so I trust the VSX series.

Do you think the VSX-531K would be plenty for my speakers?

R-15m Specs

FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 62Hz - 24kHz +/- 3dB
LOW FREQUENCY EXTENSION: 54Hz
SENSITIVITY: 94dB @ 2.83V / 1m
POWER HANDLING: 85W Continuous/340W Peak
NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8 Ohms Compatible

Yes, either one of these receivers will work with your speakers. They both have a single subwoofer pre-out, so you will need to purchase a splitter which is pretty common when using more than one subwoofer (unless the subwoofers accommodate daisy chaining)

10 minutes ago, JohnT said:

Yes, either one of these receivers will work with your speakers. They both have a single subwoofer pre-out, so you will need to purchase a splitter which is pretty common when using more than one subwoofer (unless the subwoofers accommodate daisy chaining)

Well I am taking the pre-out subout to another receiver (an old AKAI AS-970) to drive two just as old Living Audio Model CE-1a and using the 10in subs on those as subwoofers, as the receiver can take the signal and put it into mono and drive both speakers in left and right ch. Or take the sub out and use my small Logitech Z623 8in sub as it takes RCA in, or both (I have a splitter). so I should be good there.

Thanks!

Spoiler

CPU: AMD R7 5800X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i PRO | Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO | Memory: G.Skill RIPJAWS V DDR4 3200mhz 64GB | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra | PSU: Seasonic Prime 1300w | OS Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB | Games Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB | Media Drive: 2x WD Blue HDD 1TB in Raid 0 | Media Drive: 2x WD Black HDD 2TB in Raid 1 | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D | Monitor 1: ASUS PB287Q UHD | Monitor 2: ASUS PG278Q WQHD