Ryzen 1600X based build (please advice)

Bapoh

So, I'm planning to build a mini itx (if possible) ryzen 1600X based pc and could really use some insight, here's the parts:

The usage will be everyday computing, watch movies and gaming (RoTTR, XCOM2, Witcher 3, Civ 6, occasionally Overwatch)

PCS: AMD R5 1600X (i know it's overkill for my usage but hey why settle for "enough" if you can have "extra")

MB:

1. Still waiting for Asrock to release their mitx on july(for now better option mitx than biostar imo),

2. Asus b350M-A (i choose coz their bios update, reputation and usb gen 3.2)

3. MSI B350M mortar or gaming pro (using MSI for 3 years now, never have any problem, usb type C, wont crossfire though)

Memory: 16GB (2X8)2666MHz corsair vengeance LED/RGB (yeah it's linus' fault that i have the intolerable urge to have the rgb)

The D: Samsung Pro 950 256GB (Own it)

VGA: MSI GTX 1060 6GB Gaming X (Own it)

PSU: Seasonic P430FL2 (Own it)

I still haven't decided on the cooler, should i water or air cool? will overclock most likely but not crazy high, the options are below:

1. corsair hydro H45 (in store for $50)

2. corsair hydro H60 (in store for $72)

3. cryorig c7 (in store for $34) (used cryorig h7 for 2 years, happy with them)

I choose them coz  they small enough to fit in the case i'm about to build from scratch using aluminum and acrylic sheet.

The case design is not written on the stone though, it should be small and quiet thus the motherboard choice.

But looking from my VGA and PSU, I can't get it smaller than 30cm X 20cm X 15cm.

So a bit bigger air/water cooler is ok but not cryorig a80 or h7 big thogh...

I think that's all the info I can think now, so please let me know what you guys

If you guys have any other choices feel free to tell me.

Thanks for your help~

Get a 1600 instead and just use the stock cooler. You can use the $80 or so money saved to but towards 2x8gb ram instead.

Other than that, not much to say. Do note I think Gigabyte is prepping a b350 mini itx am4 board as well, so you could look out for that.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

4 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Get a 1600 instead and just use the stock cooler. You can use the $80 or so money saved to but towards 2x8gb ram instead.

Other than that, not much to say. Do note I think Gigabyte is prepping a b350 mini itx am4 board as well, so you could look out for that.

Ah my bad, the memory is 2X8GB already, I'll edit the parts.

As for the gigabyte mb, will be looking out for that.

Thx man

I am feeling someone is gonna play with portability...

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol