Need Help with Mouse Issue

x Relentless Xx

I have a Mionix Naos 7000 that Ive had for coming up on 4 years now and im confident but not 100% confident that the problem is the mouse itself. Mostly during gaming during heavy mouse use and sometimes on the desktop during light mouse use. OK so onto the actual problem: My mouse stops responding for a second or 2 then goes back to normal. Today it happened almost every 5-10 seconds. Some days its worse than others like today, and other days it works fairly okay and only happens sometimes intermittently. Sometimes, its so bad that it permanently stops responding until i physically unplug the mouse from the USB and plug it back in. The braiding on the cable is completely frayed off in a 2ft section but the cable itself is intact. I updated the firmware and software and also tried every single USB port on my PC with the same results. The only thing I have not tried is using a different mouse (yes, im aware I need to do this to be sure its actually a mouse issue but I really dont want to go digging for another mouse :dry:).

Can't help until you eliminate all possibilities.  Find another mouse and let us know how it works out.  Oh, and don't forget to feed the cat.

10 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

Can't help until you eliminate all possibilities.  Find another mouse and let us know how it works out.  Oh, and don't forget to feed the cat.

Okay found a new mouse, so far no issues.

Great, give the new mouse a shot and use it for a day or two so see if the problem returns.  If the problem does not return, then thru the process of elimination the root of your situation was the old mouse.  Personally, I use a Logitech Performance MX cordless mouse and it must be pushing 6 years now without any problems.  Good Luck.