GoPro Hero4 Session question

Question: So i picked up a GoPro Hero4 Session on sale about a year ago thinking i would use it all the time, but like a vegetable juicer i used it once and it's been sitting on a shelf ever since. But after a remote job interview i've come to the realization that my ancient Logitech C120 is essentially useless with it's manual focus, 4:3 aspect ratio and poor resolution. Does anyone know how i can repurpose my gopro and use it as a webcam?

I want to stay away from sketchy 3rd parties and custom rom's

9 minutes ago, FlpDaMattress said:

But after a remote job interview i've come to the realization that my ancient Logitech C120

realization that your ancient C120 what?  Your sentence is incomplete.

If the GoPro has a video signal out, either via a micro HDMI or USB, and if GoPro has a software that can feed the video signal to the computer (or something via a third party solution) and if the applications you want to use (e.g. Skype) accepts the video signal, then you can use it as a webcam.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

23 hours ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

realization that your ancient C120 what?  Your sentence is incomplete.

I edited the post a bit and (somehow) deleted "with it's manual focus, 4:3 aspect ratio and humorous resolution".

It has USB (Micro USB is all it has (Outside of wifi but the latency makes the video unusable unless you're using it as a viewfinder)) And i'm almost positive i've seen people do this before, but i'm not sure how they set it up or what software they used.

11 hours ago, FlpDaMattress said:

I edited the post a bit and (somehow) deleted "with it's manual focus, 4:3 aspect ratio and manual focus.

It has USB (Micro USB is all it has (Outside of wifi but the latency makes the video unusable unless you're using it as a viewfinder)) And i'm almost positive i've seen people do this before, but i'm not sure how they set it up or what software they used.

I'd google around a bit to find people that actually have done this. Thats your safest bet. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"