Best "all purpose" GTX 1060

Maximoose
Go to solution Solved by JJVGaming,

I would get the EVGA GTX 1060 6gb SC, its good performer with a single fan that has good cooling. I believe its one of the cheapest 1060 too. IF you want to spend a little more, go with the EVGA GTX 1060 6gb SSC, which is basically a 2 fan variant of the SC with better cooling (it has a white led however:

Both boost out of the box to 2012mhz so there is no need for overclocking either

sc

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IPVSLTC/?tag=pcpapi-20

ssc

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487275

Reason y i recommend EVGA is that they probably have the best customer service out there for GPUs, and quality of there products are good too

I am looking for a GTX 1060 6 GB that is the best "all purpose" GPU (one that performs equally in a variety of demanding tasks, or isn't built for a specific purpose) The only restriction that I am going to place on these suggestions is no founders edition cards, or gigantic cards with three fans, the graphics card shouldn't be an eye catcher, make a load of noise, or require obscene amounts of power. I will be driving either 2 1080p displays or a 2560x1080 ultra wide.

-Thanks, any help is appreciated.

Got an Android, never going back to apple again (notice I spelled apple with a lowercase and Android with an uppercase)

1 minute ago, Maximoose said:

I am looking for a GTX 1060 6 GB that is the best "all purpose" GPU (one that performs equally in a variety of demanding tasks, or isn't built for a specific purpose) The only restriction that I am going to place on these suggestions is no founders edition cards, or gigantic cards with three fans, the graphics card shouldn't be an eye catcher, make a load of noise, or require obscene amounts of power. I will be driving either 2 1080p displays or a 2560x1080 ultra wide.

-Thanks, any help is appreciated.

Get RX 580 or wait for VEGA, haha...

The one that fits your build's aesthetics. 

I can recommend the EVGA SC or FTW.

Also, go ultrawide.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

3 minutes ago, AxisHax66 said:

3 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

rx480/580 8gb is better 

The person I am building for has an extreme distrust towards AMD and I am just going to go with the flow, work with me please.

Got an Android, never going back to apple again (notice I spelled apple with a lowercase and Android with an uppercase)

Objectively, the best is either the cheapest, the one with the best stock cooler, or the one with the best power delivery system. That said, they're all close together, so just get the cheapest or the one that looks good to you.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

3 minutes ago, Maximoose said:

distrust towards AMD

after the crap Nvidia pulled with gtx 480 and the gtx 970, it's hard to trust them too, go for whatever is best for your price range, do your research before buying instead of having a bias toward a company. 

Just now, Maximoose said:

The person I am building for has an extreme distrust towards AMD and I am just going to go with the flow, work with me please.

Oh, you're building for another person... Well, in that case chose anything that fits with the aesthetics of the rig.

RX 480/580 crowd apparently cannot read because had they read the question they would have realized that he didn't ask for which is better (RX 480/580 v 1060), but rather what is the best 1060 for his needs.  Seriously people.

Get the cheapest one or one that matches the build.  They all perform relatively the same.

11 minutes ago, AxisHax66 said:

11 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

rx480/580 8gb is better 

3 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

after the crap Nvidia pulled with gtx 480 and the gtx 970, it's hard to trust them too, go for whatever is best for your price range.

Hey guys, listen to this dude:

2 minutes ago, lilbman said:

RX 480/580 crowd apparently cannot read because had they read the question they would have realized that he didn't ask for which is better (RX 480/580 v 1060), but rather what is the best 1060 for his needs.  Seriously people.

Get the cheapest one or one that matches the build.  They all perform relatively the same.

2 minutes ago, Maximoose said:

Hey guys, listen to this dude:

was trying to give you a better suggestion, to be honest, rx480/580 is incredibly hard to get hands on. get whatever is cheap, Asus gtx 1060 seems good. 

I would get the EVGA GTX 1060 6gb SC, its good performer with a single fan that has good cooling. I believe its one of the cheapest 1060 too. IF you want to spend a little more, go with the EVGA GTX 1060 6gb SSC, which is basically a 2 fan variant of the SC with better cooling (it has a white led however:

Both boost out of the box to 2012mhz so there is no need for overclocking either

sc

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IPVSLTC/?tag=pcpapi-20

ssc

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487275

Reason y i recommend EVGA is that they probably have the best customer service out there for GPUs, and quality of there products are good too