Looking for free devs

RUWO_builder

So we are making a space survival game. We pulled some ideas from subnautica and space engineers. But we currently only have one dev, one moddeler and one 2d artist. We are using unity. Anyone who would like to help, for free, when you have time, no obligations, please pm me. We will work from there. Texture designers and web devs would also be handy, but not nesecairy. We also need good ideas, do if you pm me an idea, you have a bigger chance of passing trough

Someone who can do prganic moddeling, like players, meteors, aliens...... would also be nice

for free? rly? 

Sure, if i get 51% ownership :3

Q: How many prolog programmers does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: Yes.

2 minutes ago, tp95112 said:

If its something you love doing being free isnt a problem... usually

Then you would be doing it already not seeking random stranger's team to join

1 hour ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Then you would be doing it already not seeking random strange.'s team to join

or its the exact thing a person with no team and no friends needs. hard to make a game solo unless you have years and years or a shit game and make it in a month 

Smoking weed at the red light like its legal

Honestly... no. No time to donate/allocate (plus the frustration of working with, I suspect, highly experienced people) when there's real money out there to be made, and I think that you'll find this to be the view of the majority of the professionals out there.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Honestly its funny how people feel the need to react on the "free" part, 

5 hours ago, RUWO_builder said:

Anyone who would like to help, for free, when you have time,

He politely asked just to see if some people who love to start something new or are just bored with the free time (vacation) coming up.

And people are already screaming 

5 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

for free? rly? 

5 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Then you would be doing it already not seeking random stranger's team to join

wth? Maybe he is just looking to expand and share his idea with people. Maybe he likes to work in a team or just get the experience of working with whole different people?

Or just maybe he is looking for a guy that has some knowledge about things he cant yet do to learn of eachother?

3 hours ago, Nuluvius said:

No time to donate/allocate (plus the frustration of working with, I suspect, highly experienced people) when there's real money out there to be made

This clearly wasnt meant for you if you dont have the time to spend on it.

Normally i dont leave these kind of comments but this is just an dude asking if SOMEONE would like to join his idea, maybe looking for people with the same passion.

And those are out there.

Quote or mention me if not feel ignored 

38 minutes ago, Cruorzy said:

this is just an dude asking

:D

38 minutes ago, Cruorzy said:

And those are out there.

Oh undoubtedly so, how else would projects such as Legends of Equestria survive if not.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

43 minutes ago, Cruorzy said:

He politely asked just to see if some people who love to start something new or are just bored with the free time (vacation) coming up.

Actually, it's somewhat insulting.

If you went into a local restaurant an said "Hey, got any food to give me?  No obligations, but I'm not paying."  I would expect the staff to give you a similar response.

It would be different if they were asking for an open source project, or something like that.  Effectively requesting donations to a charity (something that freely benefits everyone) is a good thing.   But such intent is stated nowhere in the post.  In fact nowhere does it state this project is not completely for profit.  Only that it's not for our profit.

But you know what, before truly passing judgement I'll actually try what the artists do and see if my landlord will accept my rent payment in the form of exposure.

4 minutes ago, Yamoto42 said:

I'll actually try what the artists do and see if my landlord will accept my rent payment in the form of exposure.

xD

Well, I'd like to know where this team is coming from, what their experience is, and if they already have something set up. At the moment, OP's pitch makes it sound like they've just barely started and have some semblance of direction, but nothing more. I'd also like to know what would make this project worth more of my time than any other project. I mean, there are a half dozen plus space survival type simulators. What are they going to do to make this one stand out?

You don't ask for help constructing the building if you don't have the blueprints for it.

1 hour ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Well, I'd like to know where this team is coming from, what their experience is, and if they already have something set up. At the moment, OP's pitch makes it sound like they've just barely started and have some semblance of direction, but nothing more. I'd also like to know what would make this project worth more of my time than any other project. I mean, there are a half dozen plus space survival type simulators. What are they going to do to make this one stand out?

You don't ask for help constructing the building if you don't have the blueprints for it.

well, we have an idea, some sripts, models, our is going to have a story, aliens(possibly) and the game is about building a base, then sustaining it.(power, air, oxygen, filtration, heating, drepresureisation, food. i dont think this exists yet

3 minutes ago, RUWO_builder said:

well, we have an idea, some sripts, models, our is going to have a story, aliens(possibly) and the game is about building a base, then sustaining it.(power, air, oxygen, filtration, heating, drepresureisation, food. i dont think this exists yet

Osiris: New Dawn touches on a lot of that.

3 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Osiris: New Dawn touches on a lot of that.

well, this is the first real game we are making, so it's more like a practice. were not at all expeirenced in game making, but one of us is in moddeling, one in coding, and one in graphic design. its just a fun project, that will probably end up on steam, but for free

As RUWO said above me, our game is partly about building and sustaining your base.

Engines will be able to overheat so you'll need to check on the cooling; Air filters will need change sometimes etc

Basically there's going to be a lot to worry about in the game. We will not, though, make it impossible for you to leave this base and have things not explode while you're away.

We are just a week and a half into the project, and we'd like to, indeed, have an idea we can build together.

Also, we might not be experienced in game development, but I, for example, have been programming for over 6 years now. I just haven't yet to do game development, as it seems a nice thing to start on, I made this project, and added in some friends like RUWO. 

The game is not about the money, rather about the experience we, and the members of the team will gain from this.

Greetings, Johny.

5 minutes ago, RUWO_builder said:

well, this is the first real game we are making, so it's more like a practice. were not at all expeirenced in game making, but one of us is in moddeling, one in coding, and one in graphic design. its just a fun project, that will probably end up on steam, but for free

Without knowing what your previous experience is, my recommendation in this is you should work on something simpler or work on top of something that already exists.

The amount of features you're pitching makes it feel like the project has a huge amount of scope.

Just now, M.Yurizaki said:

Without knowing what your previous experience is, my recommendation in this is you should work on something simpler or work on top of something that already exists.

The amount of features you're pitching makes it feel like the project has a huge amount of scope.

it does, but weve managed to make somthing playable in a week and a half, so i think we can make this work

Just now, RUWO_builder said:

it does, but weve managed to make somthing playable in a week and a half, so i think we can make this work

And even if we don't, it would still have been a learning experience.

5 minutes ago, RUWO_builder said:

Well, making a "Hello world!" program doesn't exactly make one a software developer ;)

I mean, I wish you the best of luck, but I do feel you're trying to bite off more than you can chew.

2 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Well, making a "Hello world!" program doesn't exactly make one a software developer ;)

I mean, I wish you the best of luck, but I do feel you're trying to bite off more than you can chew.

That is a possibility. I have experience with software developing, just not with game development ;)

Just now, edward30 said:

What sort of experience do you have? What can you do?

If it is a learning experience, why are you using Unity? Use C/C++ and SDL -- you will learn a lot more.

I have experience doing UWP Software Development in C#.

40 minutes ago, JohnyTheCarrot said:

I have experience doing UWP Software Development in C#.

So in other words... not a great deal then :ph34r: