128GB SSD

I use a Samsung 850 Pro 512 and have not had any problems at all with it.  Looking to get another one to use in a raid setup.  Not to speed things up but to just increase the size of my C: drive.

It all depends on your budget.

For example I worked on a PC with a HyperX Fury 120gb and it was all awesome, now I am 'running' on my PC with a SanDisk SSD Plus 240 and I have no words to say against it.

If you want something expensive just go with the Samsung EVOs, but if your budget is limited you can always take a look over some cheaper SSDs with good reviews.

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

850 evo

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

4 minutes ago, tropicano said:

Thanks for the fast replies!

Can someone tell me if my laptop is compatible with 6Gb/s SSD? Samsung np300e5x-a02bg

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201205/20120523103309880/Dos_Manual_BUL.pdf

And is it possible some of the features of the SSD are not compatible with my laptop if the laptop supports an SSD?

Most likely a SSD will fit inside your laptop. Not sure about the features tho.

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

Just something to consider though.  Windows 10 32bit will occupy roughly 16 gigs of space and the 64bit will occupy roughly 20 gigs of space.  That is just the operating system.  Don't forget the other programs that you will want to install too.  Also, as a general rule, iTunes will occupy anywhere between 16 and 20 gigs of space and that is not including any music, videos or movies that you may download and save.

What I'm trying to say is that depending on what you plan on putting on your 128gig SSD, just be aware that space will disappear rather quickly.  Let's say that you are a game player and you use STEAM to download and play your games. Steam of and by itself does not occupy a lot of space but Assassins Creed 4 takes a little over 15 gigs of space.

When I first considered upgrading my HHD to a SSD, I figured what the heck, 256 had to be enough.  I was wrong.  I did some searching the internet using a list of the software that I had installed on my HHD and easily came to the conclusion that I would be better off with a 512.  Yes, it was more money but in the long run I think there is a possibility that I actually saved money because I'm not buying multiple drives because the first one filled up too quick.

Just something to think about.  I used Belarc to create the list of software on my machine and just dumped it to the printer, then used google to find out how much space they all used.  One of my downfalls is World of Warcraft.  It uses 30 gigs or space.  So, out of the original 512, I have only 170 left.

Like I said, just something to think about.  Good Luck.

18 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

Just something to consider though.  Windows 10 32bit will occupy roughly 16 gigs of space and the 64bit will occupy roughly 20 gigs of space.  That is just the operating system.  Don't forget the other programs that you will want to install too.  Also, as a general rule, iTunes will occupy anywhere between 16 and 20 gigs of space and that is not including any music, videos or movies that you may download and save.

What I'm trying to say is that depending on what you plan on putting on your 128gig SSD, just be aware that space will disappear rather quickly.  Let's say that you are a game player and you use STEAM to download and play your games. Steam of and by itself does not occupy a lot of space but Assassins Creed 4 takes a little over 15 gigs of space.

When I first considered upgrading my HHD to a SSD, I figured what the heck, 256 had to be enough.  I was wrong.  I did some searching the internet using a list of the software that I had installed on my HHD and easily came to the conclusion that I would be better off with a 512.  Yes, it was more money but in the long run I think there is a possibility that I actually saved money because I'm not buying multiple drives because the first one filled up too quick.

Just something to think about.  I used Belarc to create the list of software on my machine and just dumped it to the printer, then used google to find out how much space they all used.  One of my downfalls is World of Warcraft.  It uses 30 gigs or space.  So, out of the original 512, I have only 170 left.

Like I said, just something to think about.  Good Luck.

I'm learning Software development, and I need this laptop only for programming, no gaming on it. I've changed the battery, the CPU with i5-2540m (the best available for this laptop), inserted +2gb ram (4gb ram now). Everything works well enough to program. But I still need an SSD, my HDD gives me a headache. So I use this laptop only for work. That's why I go for 128GB.

Kind of tight on a budget too.

Not a problem, I fully understand.  Take care and best of luck with learning your programming stuff.  My belief is that programmers are a completely different breed so I try to give them all the credit I can.  I tried learning DOS back in the day when Steve Jobs and Bill Gates were still working out of the garage down in Palo Alto.  Couldn't do it then, and sure as hell can't do it now.  Funny, cleaning out the garage the other day and ran across a couple of old 8 inch floppies that I used in the TRS80, Model 1, Level 2.  My age is showing, sorry.  I remember something about "if - then - else" statements.  Ugh, long time ago.

Good Luck.

Just now, kb5zue said:

Not a problem, I fully understand.  Take care and best of luck with learning your programming stuff.  My belief is that programmers are a completely different breed so I try to give them all the credit I can.  I tried learning DOS back in the day when Steve Jobs and Bill Gates were still working out of the garage down in Palo Alto.  Couldn't do it then, and sure as hell can't do it now.  Funny, cleaning out the garage the other day and ran across a couple of old 8 inch floppies that I used in the TRS80, Model 1, Level 2.  My age is showing, sorry.  I remember something about "if - then - else" statements.  Ugh, long time ago.

Good Luck.

Thanks, but I am confident you will learn to program if you try. Software development is way easy nowadays compared years age.

There are thousands of free courses in the net to help you.

That's okay, I'll pass.  Will leave it to people like yourself that know what they're doing.