Could someone control my first build please?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/446HtJ

Feedback or making my mistakes come clear will be appreciated.

*some of the stuff I used  in this build were already in my former pc: GTX 960, a harddrive and the kingston ssd with windows on it

Thanks for the help guys.

Just now, Luuk_Bosma said:

The kingston ssd and the hard drive with windows on it

You might want to do a reinstallation of Windows if moving to a new system. It will prevent issues such as drivers and other stuff. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

2 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

You might want to do a reinstallation of Windows if moving to a new system. It will prevent issues such as drivers and other stuff. 

Can I still use the windows which is already on my harddisk or do I need to buy a new one?

1 minute ago, Luuk_Bosma said:

Can I still use the windows which is already on my harddisk or do I need to buy a new one?

YOu can use the same key, just reinstall the OS. And why don't you have it on the SSD?

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

4 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

- get a better hdd 

- why such a expensive PSU, save money for a better GPU

what is this build going to be used for? 

The power supply is for a future upgrade so I wont have problems with the next GPU upgrade.

2 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

YOu can use the same key, just reinstall the OS. And why don't you have it on the SSD?

Sorry I wrote it wrong I do have it on my ssd sorry for making that mistake

Sorry I wrote it wrong I do have it on my ssd sorry for making that mistake

That's fine. Just backup all your stuff on the drive with the OS and install Windows on it. You can format it from the installer. That way you won't have driver conflicts and stuff. It's better not to move an OS from one computer to another. 

What are you using the pc for ?

3 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

That's fine. Just backup all your stuff on the drive with the OS and install Windows on it. You can format it from the installer. That way you won't have driver conflicts and stuff. It's better not to move an OS from one computer to another. 

Thx for all your good help I really appreciate it.

Thx for all your good help I really appreciate it.

No problem. Just PM me if you have any specific questions I can help with. 

7 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

What are you using the pc for ?

Mostly for 120 to 144 hz gaming and other games like tomb raider which I get now 50 fps on 60 hz. Sometimes I create montages and I'm doing a training(dont know the real english word) In media and application creation.

You can set the stuff you already have (and don't intend on replacing) as purchased in PCPartPicker. Avoids you from people suggesting other stuff in those places.

Just a heads up, that USB card is not going to fit in the motherboard, the motherboard doesn't have PCI (it does have PCIE, not PCI).

PSU could be a little less, you could go for the 550W RMX series too. 80+ Gold instead of Platinum, but still quality. They recently upped the warranty on those models by two years too (from 5 to 7 years). 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

13 minutes ago, Luuk_Bosma said:

Mostly for 120 to 144 hz gaming and other games like tomb raider which I get now 50 fps on 60 hz. Sometimes I create montages and I'm doing a training(dont know the real english word) In media and application creation.

You'll defo want a new GPU asap. If you're doing lots of multitasking, a Ryzen 7 1700 will be better than an i7. Though the i7 7700K is still the king of pure gaming performance. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

12 minutes ago, Luuk_Bosma said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/DnmsFd so if you already own something on the previous list, then please tell, but if you are buying completely new (other than hdd/ssd) then this or a ryzen 1700 counterpart would be great.

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

2 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

You'll defo want a new GPU asap. If you're doing lots of multitasking, a Ryzen 7 1700 will be better than an i7. though the i7 7700K is still the king of pure gaming performance. 

Thx for the Idea but I stay with intel because I'm used to Intel cpu's. I have thought about a hexa core the 'i7-5820K' but benchmarks said it has a less good performance then the intel I-7700 for most of the features.

Thx for the Idea but I stay with intel because I'm used to Intel cpu's. I have thought about a hexa core the 'i7-5820K' but benchmarks said it has a less good performance then the intel I-7700 for most of the features.

Ok. Though if you ever want more cores, Ryzen is the way to go without breaking the bank. And like @nerdslayer1 said, get a better HDD. I'd recommend a WD Blue (good) or Black (best). And what GPU are you planning on upgrading to in the future? 

Main PC 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

6 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Ok. Though if you ever want more cores, Ryzen is the way to go without breaking the bank. And like @nerdslayer1 said, get a better HDD. I'd recommend a WD Blue (good) or Black (best). And what GPU are you planning on upgrading to in the future? 

I'm just keeping money until I have the feeling I really need a new GPU. I made a money schedule for myself and I can buy a 1080ti in oktober. The better HDD is most certainly a good Idea.

11 minutes ago, hconverse02 said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/DnmsFd so if you already own something on the previous list, then please tell, but if you are buying completely new (other than hdd/ssd) then this or a ryzen 1700 counterpart would be great.

Thx for the Idea of sparing money on the power supply. I will investigate the one you send. 

Just now, Luuk_Bosma said:

Thx for the Idea of sparing money on the power supply. I will investigate the one you send. 

You dont need 750w for anything unless its like 2 titans (or gtx 680s :P) and what are your plans for this build, because ryzen may be a better bet.

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

Just now, hconverse02 said:

You dont need 750w for anything unless its like 2 titans (or gtx 680s :P) and what are your plans for this build, because ryzen may be a better bet.

Agree with the PSU, I think he's looking at an RM550x now. And he said he wants to stick with Intel as he likes their CPUs. And at least he's sticking with a decent CPU, instead of waiting for the X299 mess. 

Main PC 

20 minutes ago, Minibois said:

You can set the stuff you already have (and don't intend on replacing) as purchased in PCPartPicker. Avoids you from people suggesting other stuff in those places.

Just a heads up, that USB card is not going to fit in the motherboard, the motherboard doesn't have PCI (it does have PCIE, not PCI).

PSU could be a little less, you could go for the 550W RMX series too. 80+ Gold instead of Platinum, but still quality. They recently upped the warranty on those models by two years too (from 5 to 7 years). 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3jX6Z8 Here is the version with the purchased things marked. thx for the usb card hint I will pick a different one. 

28 minutes ago, Minibois said:

7 minutes ago, Luuk_Bosma said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3jX6Z8 Here is the version with the purchased things marked. thx for the usb card hint I will pick a different one. 

In my country they unfortunately do not sell pcie usb 2.0 ones (I need usb 2.0 for my mic else it crashes for some reason). Stil thanks for helping me not making a buying mistake. Have a nice day. 

2 minutes ago, Luuk_Bosma said:

In my country they unfortunately do not sell pcie usb2.0 ones. Stil thanks for not making a buying mistake. Have a nice day. 

Are you specifically searching for USB 2.0 and not USB 3.0?

And if you are from the Netherlands (guessing by your username), this might be a good card: https://nl.hardware.info/product/233987/digitus-ds-30221

If you're from Belgium, I think some Dutch stores ship there for only a little bit more.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/