PC black screening from turning on Fan in same roo

coreystevens503

So I've been dealing with this issue for a while now.  Some times when I turn on or off a high-voltage device "box fan or air purifier" in the same room as my Tower my PC will stop displaying through HDMI and become unresponsive. This forces me to power down the system. sometimes I even have to turn off the power supply to achieve a shut down. I am beginning to think that it may be my power supply but I am not sure and do not wish to waste money if this is not the cause. It is worth noting that I purchased a EVGA 600 watt remanufactured power supply from Newegg. I am running a core I3 6100 with an RX 480 graphics card. Yes I know the graphics card is overkill. I got the CPU and motherboard on sale at Fry's for 130 just to get me going about six months ago. Anyway is there anyone out there with a idea why this might be happening. I'm suspecting and under voltage. Would buying a better power supply rated more than just a 80 plus white solve this?? Is my remanufactured potentially a dud? I would love to hear what you guys have to say. It is also worth noting that I have had this issue now in two different houses. 

That sounds like the circuitry in the room (or building) is not good. I wouldn't think that something like the PSU would do that. Do the lights dim in the room at any time (when a high current device such as a fan is turned on without your computer on) when doing anything?

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

This sounds like a house wiring issue. While turning on a power heavy device can effect the power in the rest of the room (ie when I turn a powersaw on the lights dim briefly) it shouldn't effect a pc enough to cause it to crash. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

Just now, Jamiec1130 said:

That sounds like the circuitry in the room (or building) is not good. I wouldn't think that something like the PSU would do that. Do the lights dim in the room at any time (when a high current device such as a fan is turned on without your computer on) when doing anything?

I thought so at first too but I just moved and I am having the same issue at the new place? I think it is highly unlikely. 

4 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

I originally thought that this might be happening but I have just moved from my old house to another and I'm still having this problem.