ASUS 1060 fan acting up

LambdaCat

Right so, My ASUS STRIX GTX 1060 O6G has been working fine for a while but until recently i've noticed that upon starting my pc up, one of the 3 fans ramps up to what seems to be top speed, i.e. very load, and stays up there for a while going up and down, but its just thew one. When i open either GPU Tweak 2 or afterburner it claims normal temps and that all fans are idle. I've contacted ASUS but they didn't help at all, i doubt they even looked at the messages i sent before saying "return it to the retailer, bai!".

Returning it is the last thing i want to do as i cant just pick up another GPU when i like, and those repairs take up to weeks AT BEST!!

Is there anything i could do to treat it from home?

Thanks for your time.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X 4.4GHz | GPU: RTX 3070 FE | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 4x8GB 3600MHz DDR4 | MoBo: ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII  | Case: Corsair 5000D AF CPU cooler: Corsair H150i CapellixPSU: Corsair RM850x |

5 minutes ago, Ranger515 said:

Right so, My ASUS STRIX GTX 1060 O6G has been working fine for a while but until recently i've noticed that upon starting my pc up, one of the 3 fans ramps up to what seems to be top speed, i.e. very load, and stays up there for a while going up and down, but its just thew one. When i open either GPU Tweak 2 or afterburner it claims normal temps and that all fans are idle. I've contacted ASUS but they didn't help at all, i doubt they even looked at the messages i sent before saying "return it to the retailer, bai!".

Returning it is the last thing i want to do as i cant just pick up another GPU when i like, and those repairs take up to weeks AT BEST!!

Is there anything i could do to treat it from home?

Thanks for your time.

Does The fan ramping happen during post?Then Same here with my cpu cooler