Decent laptop under $600?

Hey guys, brand new here. I was wondering if any of you know of a good laptop for under $600. I want to be able to edit 1080p videos smoothly and hopefully do some light gaming on the side. I don't care if the games don't run at max settings, I just want them to run smoothly. 30 fps is good enough for me. So, does a laptop like this even exist? Thanks! :)

Are you open to buying used? You can find some pretty good deals on Craigslist if you live in a densely populated area. 

Main Rig: 6600k 4.5 GHz - GTX 1060 OC Armor - Z170i Pro Gaming - Define Nano S - 8GB HyperX Fury - 480GB SSD + 2TB HDD - Supernova 550 - Kraken X41 - MG248Q - Samson Meteor M2 - Strafe RGB - Scimitar RGB 

Laptop: MSI GS63VR 7RF

3 minutes ago, samsylph said:

Hey guys, brand new here. I was wondering if any of you know of a good laptop for under $600. I want to be able to edit 1080p videos smoothly and hopefully do some light gaming on the side. I don't care if the games don't run at max settings, I just want them to run smoothly. 30 fps is good enough for me. So, does a laptop like this even exist? Thanks! :)

Not a macbook.

2 minutes ago, BodyByDemamp said:

Are you open to buying used? You can find some pretty good deals on Craigslist if you live in a densely populated area. 

I was hoping for something new. My area isn't that densely populated so used is pretty much out of the question.

Just now, samsylph said:

I was hoping for something new. My area isn't that densely populated so used is pretty much out of the question.

What area are you located in?

1 minute ago, samsylph said:

an older Thinkpad would be much better quality than anything new at that price range, if you can stretch 200$ more, a Dell Inspiron 7000 would be a good laptop to get. 

8 minutes ago, samsylph said:

Here's a 960m laptop from Dell for $619. Linus did a review on it last year. 

Edited by BodyByDemamp
Taking out a link not allowed in forum posts.

Main Rig: 6600k 4.5 GHz - GTX 1060 OC Armor - Z170i Pro Gaming - Define Nano S - 8GB HyperX Fury - 480GB SSD + 2TB HDD - Supernova 550 - Kraken X41 - MG248Q - Samson Meteor M2 - Strafe RGB - Scimitar RGB 

Laptop: MSI GS63VR 7RF

12 minutes ago, samsylph said:

Is your budget exactly $600(USD???)?

4 minutes ago, BodyByDemamp said:

You are not allowed to post eBay links on the forums as stated in the community standards - 

No advertising of any non LTT/LMG material

• eBay/trading sites, personal websites or businesses except where appropriate. (Eg who can do data recovery in Vancouver)
  • Twitch/YouTube links are only allowed in user profile status updates

1 minute ago, Gus127465 said:

Is your budget exactly $600(USD???)?

Pretty much. I know it won't get much, but $600 is pretty much the absolute maximum I have available to spend.

3 hours ago, JJVGaming said:

No advertising of any non LTT/LMG material

• eBay/trading sites, personal websites or businesses except where appropriate. (Eg who can do data recovery in Vancouver)
  • Twitch/YouTube links are only allowed in user profile status updates

Sorry mate, you cant post ebay links.

4 hours ago, samsylph said:

Pretty much. I know it won't get much, but $600 is pretty much the absolute maximum I have available to spend.

Alright, looking into a few laptops for you. :)