PS/2 Keyboard detected but not working

GamerGuyEbby

I have an old Dell QuietKey keyboard and it's having some issues. I plugged it in when the the computer was off and it is completely detected. The num lock light is on and also it is listed in the device manager. However it just does nothing, I mean nothing, no matter what I press 100% nothing changes. I did some research and I found that I allegedly needed to change some stuff in regedit and I did and it still does the same, nothing. If you guys could give me some help that would be great. Just please don't tell me it's not worth it, it's more about the principle. 

I'd go and try to find drivers, also check your bios to see if it's doing anything to ps/2 port.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Mf3Zcc My build

R.I.P Donny- Got banned. We will always remember your spamming of "Cancerbooks"

iPhones are like 1 ply toliet paper with a logo slapped on them and years old hardware in them- A Wise Man

Drivers shouldn't be necessary since it should be using the generic MS drivers for ps/2 keyboards which should work for everything.

The first thing to do is to see if the keyboard can be used to access the BIOS as that would verify that the keyboard is working and not just getting power from the ps/2 port (I had a similar issue but with a USB to PS/2 adapter where it would get power but nothing else worked).