Kaspersky files an antitrust lawsuit to EU and Russia against Microsoft for keeping users safe with Windows Defender

GoodBytes
13 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Personally I think Windows needs to get a bit more modular if they want to do these faster feature releases and lengthen the time between complete build updates that really are OS upgrades.

Totally agree.

Quite frankly, to me it seems like Windows was badly designed from the start, and the issues have only gotten bigger and bigger as time goes on. I can't really blame Microsoft for it since nobody knew how the computing landscape would look ~20 years into the future, but all that crap is really bogging down computers today.

Windows 10 has so many issues and so many updates that break things. I think one major reason for that is because of the bad design of Windows (bad design as in, so many dependencies instead of modularity). They are trying to do the same type of updates that modular OSes are doing, and it's simply not working. It just makes things buggy and feel rushed.

A complete rewrite where everything is modular (see: GNU/Linux) would greatly benefit everyone. It would make customization more possible, it would make introducing new features easier and it would make updates more stable (assuming it is done properly of course).

I don't think Microsoft are interested in doing such a massive thing though.

On 6/6/2017 at 10:38 AM, Tiwaz said:

we have been running KApsersky on several pcs for several years now and its been working fine. Windows defender is really fucked up. Some months ago it started just randomly using up to 100% cpu power, disabling kaspersky and causing windows to freeze. The only thing that could fix it was a group command via registry i think. Windows defender is just a Microsoft scam tbh

No, it isn't a scam. Scams require there to be a sucker. As far as I can tell Microsoft is giving it away and it's up to the end user to use the free software. So far I've been running Windows defender with no issues for over a year now.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.