Tempered Glass & Vertical GPU Case?

Go to solution Solved by Not_Sean,
9 hours ago, LoaderB0T said:

Okay, you got a point there, but I still like the S340 Elite and Phanteks options that I posted above more :) 

So do I, the S340 Elite is one of the best looking cases IMO and its also so well priced. Seen guys do some awesome Wood vinyls on it to really make it look unique, but so many cool ways to make it look rad with just some minimal stickers. 

Found it:

HWQLmcU.jpg.ad9fe2b486def6be9a09d8e7054e16d1.jpg

Hi LTT-Community!

First off all excuse my imperfect english (not my mother language).firstoff

In a few days I want to buy a new case, because I don't like my old one anymore and I found somebody to sell it to.

For my new case I really want a tinted tempered glass window at the left side.

And I would really like to show off my graphics card with a vertical mount.

I generally like simple and "flat" cases without fancy decoration. Also I want either white or black (or white and black) cases, nothing colorful.

My mainboard is ATX and I need place for a 240mm Radiator.

Edit: Aaaaand I really want a PSU cover / shroud / thing to hide cables and the small Arduino micro I use for my custom Lighting.

I will add a few links to cases I really like:

Eclipse P400 Tempered Glass

Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass

NZXT S340 Elite

Also I am aware, that none of these support vertical GPUs, but I could still use my Dremel and mod something with those PCI Brackets you can buy.

Now my question:

I can't really decide between those cases, I mean they look all great, but none of them seem to be "the right one" 9_9

So do you know any similar looking cases that fulfill my requirements? :)

Or if not could you help me decide which one I should be buying?

And do you know where to buy a dual slot PCI bracket? (preferably black painted, but I could still just spraypaint it)

And ofc a raiser cable, that actually works (because I often read that there are many bad ones).

Or in the best case, you know of a beautiful case with TG and a vertical GPU mount? :o 

Thanks for your help,

LoaderB0T

Just now, GauntletV2 said:

http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio/pc-o5s/

Its m-itx, but damn is it good looking, and its got a tempered glass side panel and a vertical gpu

Damn, that looks sexy, thats exactly the stuff I am looking for, but sadly I already have all of the Hardware and it's an ATX Motherboard. I'll edit the post above and add a few specs of my hardware, but still thanks!

1 minute ago, LoaderB0T said:

Damn, that looks sexy, thats exactly the stuff I am looking for, but sadly I already have all of the Hardware and it's an ATX Motherboard. I'll edit the post above and add a few specs of my hardware, but still thanks!

http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio/pc-o7s/

I didnt see this at first but this ones full atx

2 minutes ago, LoaderB0T said:

Nice! Will it fit a ASUS GTX 1070 Strix OC and a 240mm Radiator?

It supports up to a 360mm radiator at the top and gpus up to 310mm, so yes it will fit with 20mm of space to spare

4 minutes ago, GauntletV2 said:

It supports up to a 360mm radiator at the top and gpus up to 310mm, so yes it will fit with 20mm of space to spare

That's great, but I just saw the price tag and this is really overbudget! I cannot spend more than 200€ (~225US$) so this is not an option, but I'll bookmark it, maybe in a few years... :) 

Any other ideas? :) 

1 minute ago, LoaderB0T said:

That's great, but I just saw the price tag and this is really overbudget! I cannot spend more than 200€ (~225US$) so this is not an option, but I'll bookmark it, maybe in a few years... :) 

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133283

Hmm, theres this one, less a case and more a show piece, but after conversion its 140 euro on the dot, but idk what they gouge you over there.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133283

Hmm, theres this one, less a case and more a show piece, but after conversion its 140 euro on the dot, but idk what they gouge you over there.

150€ here :) I know this case, I think it's beautiful, but not as a regular case for home usage. I don't like the open sides.

1 minute ago, GauntletV2 said:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16811133330

They have a TG option thats "closed" but idk if its a bit much

Yeah, too expensive and I often read that the PCI-E Raiser is bad.

The side and interior are looking good, but I really hate the front :D 

9 minutes ago, LoaderB0T said:

hahha I also love that case till I saw the price. 

Have a look at the Thermaltake View 27 and the brand new view 28. Don't think they glass but still something special. You can also take the Side panel to a car shop and they can tint the window for you, i did it on my first S340 before they came with glass. 

Otherwise a S340 Elite is always something beautiful 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

1 minute ago, GauntletV2 said:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133336&cm_re=vertical_gpu-_-11-133-336-_-Product

And then the absolute last one i can find is this one, I think this and the last on ei posted are good options imo.

This is not your fault, I forgot to mention that I want a PSU Cover. :/

I think I'll have to go with a TG case without vertical GPU and mod it myself.

Thank you very much for your time :)

And if you have nice TG case options without vertical gpu you can tell me ofc ^^

2 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

hahha I also love that case till I saw the price. 

Have a look at the Thermaltake View 27 and the brand new view 28. Don't think they glass but still something special. You can also take the Side panel to a car shop and they can tint the window for you, i did it on my first S340 before they came with glass. 

Otherwise a S340 Elite is always something beautiful 

The glass mod was expensive, wasn't it?

And I don't really like those Thermaltake cases. I dont like the round edge (is this even a thing?) on the first one and this awkward thing on the front of the scond :D 

2 hours ago, LoaderB0T said:

The glass mod was expensive, wasn't it?

And I don't really like those Thermaltake cases. I dont like the round edge (is this even a thing?) on the first one and this awkward thing on the front of the scond :D 

I like the round edge specially if you have a rear fan top fans are pointless and just let in more dust, only reason is if you have a rad needed there. the round edge combo with the Vertically mounted GPU looks really good IMO. 

Do agree though on the 28, that front portal thing looks pretty stupid. If i wasn't doing a scratch build I'd be buying the 27 as the 400C I got now is just so stupidly average. 

what glass mod ? Tinting it ? super cheap as they used a off cut as side windows are a lot smaller than car windows. was very quick and looked sick, also stopped the perspecs from scratching which is a big problem on the S340 (Non Elite) 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

8 hours ago, Not_Sean said:

I like the round edge specially if you have a rear fan top fans are pointless and just let in more dust, only reason is if you have a rad needed there. the round edge combo with the Vertically mounted GPU looks really good IMO. 

Do agree though on the 28, that front portal thing looks pretty stupid. If i wasn't doing a scratch build I'd be buying the 27 as the 400C I got now is just so stupidly average. 

what glass mod ? Tinting it ? super cheap as they used a off cut as side windows are a lot smaller than car windows. was very quick and looked sick, also stopped the perspecs from scratching which is a big problem on the S340 (Non Elite) 

Okay, you got a point there, but I still like the S340 Elite and Phanteks options that I posted above more :) 

14 hours ago, GauntletV2 said:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133336&cm_re=vertical_gpu-_-11-133-336-_-Product

And then the absolute last one i can find is this one, I think this and the last on ei posted are good options imo.

This is the one I would have suggested. It's honestly underrated and is a sleeper when it comes to recommendations in the forum. (It's probably easier to Mod a PSU shroud than it is to mod a vertical GPU bracket)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

9 hours ago, LoaderB0T said:

So do I, the S340 Elite is one of the best looking cases IMO and its also so well priced. Seen guys do some awesome Wood vinyls on it to really make it look unique, but so many cool ways to make it look rad with just some minimal stickers. 

Found it:

Redstone:

Obsidian:

1 hour ago, Not_Sean said:

Found it:

That looks really sick!

I think I'll go with the Elite and I will look for some vinyls and maybe I'll mod a vertical GPU bracket on it :)

Thank all you guys for your help!

(do I have to close the topic / mark it as resolved or something? :o )