Insane Stuttering in all Games

Flowey

So yeah, up until a week ago everything was fine, games were running great... Up until I finished Mass Effect 3. 

ALL MY GAMES ARE UNPLAYABLE

And I mean, literally unplayable. The stuttering man, I don't get it. It's not the Xbox app for sure, and I don't think it's windows 10, checking my temps everything is fine, and my loads are never over 60% so it's not some kind of bottleneck or shit. I've still got great FPS, like, minimum 144, but god damn the stuttering makes any games unplayable.

Anybody has had similar experiences? It's only with games, otherwise chrome and internet services are fine. Any suggestions?

Specs : R9 390 Saphire Nitro, Intel I5-6600k, Asus Z-170A Board, couple of noctua fans, EVGA Supernova Gold 750W, 2 1TB HDD, one empty the other full of games, 1 Samsung 850 SSD for OS and CSGO. Hum that's it,

Thks!

DDU in safe mode and reinstall latest drivers fresh new?

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Did you update or install the drivers?

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

Did you choose the option where all organics fuze with synthetics? Because that means you are part of your computer, so maybe you are slowing it down?

Kidding aside. Sounds like either your graphics drivers got corrupted by something, or maybe directx derped. Generally, try to reinstall your drivers (clean install) or use DDU (I never do). 

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

16 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

DDU in safe mode and reinstall latest drivers fresh new?

16 hours ago, Billy_Mays said:

Did you update or install the drivers?

16 hours ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Are your games legit or torrented?

15 hours ago, Notional said:

Did you choose the option where all organics fuze with synthetics? Because that means you are part of your computer, so maybe you are slowing it down?

Kidding aside. Sounds like either your graphics drivers got corrupted by something, or maybe directx derped. Generally, try to reinstall your drivers (clean install) or use DDU (I never do). 

I'll definitely give it a try, and I'm pretty sure the latest update I've done was a Windows Security type update thing. I definitely disabled the Xbox app functionality afterwards though.

Yes, all my games are legit, never hacked or torrented crap cause, I'm a gud boy like that ;). So yeah, all legit unless Steam shared libraries have a problem with that.

Nope, the ending I got was so funny, didn't even know it existed. You've got the whole 3 choices before you, but you walk so slow, so I'm like "Hey, I've got a gun, if I need to walk around the whole area to pick destroy, might as well shot the fucking kid cause, god, he's annoying" So I proceed, shoot the kid, BOOM, " As you wish", 4th ending, Reapers rape the galaxy. I was like " WUT". Definitly wasn't in the original game for sure, but managed to surprise me. 

To confirm, DDU, that's the software that removes graphics drivers for AMD/Nvidia cards to let you reinstall, right?

Anyways, thx!

When I had a similar problem it was a problem with AMD ReLive. Do you have it on? If so try turning it off.

i5 6500 @3.2Ghz, Zotac GTX 1080 Ti Mini, 16GB DDR4 @2400Mhz, 240GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Corsair Vengance 650W, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, Thermaltake Versa U21, Hyper 103

AOC Agon AG271UG 27" 4k G-Sync, G933, G502, G801

what's your ram? maybe it's some extremely slow lpddr3. Also, you can test games more accurately with fraps and tell us 1% and .1% lows. It will be more accurately show stuttering than "insane stuttering". Also check for any background apps running, maybe somethings loads your cpu/gpu, or your batteries in mouse are dying)

21 hours ago, Gameborn said:

what's your ram? maybe it's some extremely slow lpddr3. Also, you can test games more accurately with fraps and tell us 1% and .1% lows. It will be more accurately show stuttering than "insane stuttering". Also check for any background apps running, maybe somethings loads your cpu/gpu, or your batteries in mouse are dying)

23 hours ago, the MBK said:

When I had a similar problem it was a problem with AMD ReLive. Do you have it on? If so try turning it off.

I knew I was missing some spec! I've got 16gb 2666mhz Ripjaws Ram and A wired Logitech G502 mouse and a wired Corsair Strafe keyboard.

And by insane stuttering, I mean both CPU and GPU loads don't go over 15% in some games, and yet every 2-3 seconds you get up to a second of just, frozen gameplay, then the game resumes and if you don't let go of the control your character kept moving while the monitor was displaying a single frame, so in games like Dark Souls you can understand it makes the game unplayable. Though, the music does not stutter, so I'm kinda going for the software issue vs hardware issue TBH.

And what is AMD ReLive, never heard of it.

I'll get back a  report once I'm done working and tried a few things.

2 hours ago, Flowey said:

I knew I was missing some spec! I've got 16gb 2666mhz Ripjaws Ram and A wired Logitech G502 mouse and a wired Corsair Strafe keyboard.

And by insane stuttering, I mean both CPU and GPU loads don't go over 15% in some games, and yet every 2-3 seconds you get up to a second of just, frozen gameplay, then the game resumes and if you don't let go of the control your character kept moving while the monitor was displaying a single frame, so in games like Dark Souls you can understand it makes the game unplayable. Though, the music does not stutter, so I'm kinda going for the software issue vs hardware issue TBH.

that can be damaged hard drive, but most likely it's just driver issue. Just download latest amd graphics driver (driver itself, not tool that automatically downloads it, you'll have to choose gpu model on amd site) and choose "clean install". Pc will reboot to safe mode to completely uninstall driver and then reinstall it, this might help. And relive is amd's tool to record and stream games with almost zero performance loss, similar to NVidia's shadowplay.

I had similar issues a few months back for me it was my hard drive or Windows 10 rather. Try alt tabbing to task manager when the stuttering happens and check the hard drive usage if its more than 90% then that's it. I had to disable Microsoft Telemetry and a few more Microsoft related things which I can't remember off the top of my head. You can also try closing other apps that take up a lot of the drive but that might not make a noticeable difference. There's also a possibility of hardware failure (which is unlikely but still its worth looking into) Is your pc booting normally or is it slow too?

23 hours ago, Flowey said:

AMD ReLive is AMD's Shadowplay. There is a tab in the AMD Software program, that is called Relive. Try turning all the functions off.

i5 6500 @3.2Ghz, Zotac GTX 1080 Ti Mini, 16GB DDR4 @2400Mhz, 240GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Corsair Vengance 650W, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, Thermaltake Versa U21, Hyper 103

AOC Agon AG271UG 27" 4k G-Sync, G933, G502, G801

On 6/7/2017 at 3:26 AM, Dimitri0706 said:

I had similar issues a few months back for me it was my hard drive or Windows 10 rather. Try alt tabbing to task manager when the stuttering happens and check the hard drive usage if its more than 90% then that's it. I had to disable Microsoft Telemetry and a few more Microsoft related things which I can't remember off the top of my head. You can also try closing other apps that take up a lot of the drive but that might not make a noticeable difference. There's also a possibility of hardware failure (which is unlikely but still its worth looking into) Is your pc booting normally or is it slow too?

On 6/7/2017 at 1:22 PM, the MBK said:

AMD ReLive is AMD's Shadowplay. There is a tab in the AMD Software program, that is called Relive. Try turning all the functions off.

Nah, PC is good, reboot is done in like 20 seconds top, ain't got an SSD for nothing. I'm scared, but if it is the HDD fucking around... Well, let's check CSGO, that's the only game on my SSD. If it doesn't stutter we've got ourselves an answer.

Yeah just downloaded and clean installed the most recent drivers, still stuttering my ass off.

10 minutes ago, Flowey said:

Nah, PC is good, reboot is done in like 20 seconds top, ain't got an SSD for nothing. I'm scared, but if it is the HDD fucking around... Well, let's check CSGO, that's the only game on my SSD. If it doesn't stutter we've got ourselves an answer.

Yeah just downloaded and clean installed the most recent drivers, still stuttering my ass off.

It's not the HDD tkhx god, CSG, which is installed on my SSD, is stuttering as well.

Try reinstalling drivers.  If that doesn't work, I'd reinstall Windows if I were in your shoes.

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers