Cheap gaming wifi router for one person?

NieRaL

Hi

I'm getting pretty competitive with Overwatch right now, but my wifi router keeps disconnecting me from the server. It also gives me ping every now and then. 

I don't know what causes either one of them. I think it's because my wifi router is old. 

Is there a way to fix this? Maybe a cheap gaming wifi router? I would only use it for one person. 

Thanks so much :)

gaming

WiFi

pick one. 

grab yourself a pair of powerline adaptors and use the copper already in the wall to do what is essentially ethernet over power. 

it's stable and brilliant for gaming.

idk

18 minutes ago, NieRaL said:

Hi

I'm getting pretty competitive with Overwatch right now, but my wifi router keeps disconnecting me from the server. It also gives me ping every now and then. 

I don't know what causes either one of them. I think it's because my wifi router is old. 

Is there a way to fix this? Maybe a cheap gaming wifi router? I would only use it for one person. 

Unless you have amazing internet, or you need real good range, it really doesn't matter.  Get whatever is cheapest that isn't garbage.

Powerline would be more ideal, less interference and less latency.  Also probably cheaper.

[removed]

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

19 hours ago, NieRaL said:

Hi

I know the TP Link Archer C7 is generally under $100 USD. And to top it off its like an AC1750 router. While it might not have all the features of the more expensive routers, I know it has decent range and speeds. Other wise most of the routers I see suggested are ASUS or NETGEAR. Id say either of those manufacture are sate. Also, what kind of budget are you looking at? 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Never never ever buy a "gaming router". They're ordinary routers with a +$100 on the price tag because they're branded for kids.

If you want a dank router and know how to build a pc, do a cheap pentium build with some pcie networking cards, install pfsense on it, and you've got a gaming router with some dank ass features (you'll be getting a lot more for less)