How can I assign default sound output & input devices to specific applications?

Con

Hello. I have a 4 monitor setup split into two parts; a 4K HDR TV at the foot of my bed and three monitors side by side on my desk; they all share the same computer.

Certain applications (such as Project 64, for instance) don't seem to have options in the GUI whereby I could change which device the audio should come from. I am looking to get surround sound somewhere down the line, but for right now I need to set default sound devices for applications like this:

Audio output to rear or front 3.5mm jack:

Chrome,

FL Studio,

Audacity,

Adobe CC.

Audio output via HDMI 2.0a (Zotac GTX 980 Ti Amp Edition):

GTA V,

Steam,

Project 64,

PCSX2,

EmuHawk,

Dolphin,

Project Zomboid,

OpenRCT2,

VLC.

Any help would be much appreciated.

a trick that works for (most) games is to switch to the output you want them to play on, launch the game, and switch back.

a lot of games only check for which device to output on on launch.

1 minute ago, Dujith said:

http://www.chevolume.com/

20 bucks, but seems to be the only one around that works this easily 

tbh.. every time i found a piece of software that did something like this, it ended up being either stupid high latency, or breaking on me.

Just now, manikyath said:

tbh.. every time i found a piece of software that did something like this, it ended up being either stupid high latency, or breaking on me.

Something like this should be already built in windows by now honestly. Its something I am pretty sure alot of people want 

1 minute ago, tp95112 said:

Something like this should be already built in windows by now honestly. Its something I am pretty sure alot of people want 

seeing the bloated mess windows audio appareantly is, the only reason i figure it isnt yet is because 99% of computers running windows have never needed this.

5 minutes ago, manikyath said:

Did you try this one? it has a trail so at least you can try it out :). For the record i do not use it as i do not need it.