Ryzen R5 1600 the best all around CPU in years?

So from everything I read the R5 1600 is one of the best value CPUs in nearly a decade. Offering I5 levels of gaming and I7 levels of multi tasking for only $219 dollars(USD). I honestly cant remember the last time a CPU offered so much for a good price like this.  Do you think Intel will be forced to release the rumored six core I5? 

CPU: Ryzen R7 1800x (4.0GHz) | AIO: Master Liquid Pro 240 | MOBO:  MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM

RAM:  Gskill TridentZ RGB 3200(16gb) | GPU: Evga FTW ACX  3.0 GTX 1080(2x)

SSD: Samsung Evo 250gb | HSSD: Seagate 2TB | Case: InWin 303 Black | PSU: Evga 210 1000w

6 minutes ago, SoloDolo said:

So from everything I read the R5 1600 is one of the best value CPUs in nearly a decade. Offering I5 levels of gaming and I7 levels of multi tasking for only $219 dollars(USD). I honestly cant remember the last time a CPU offered so much for a good price like this.  Do you think Intel will be forced to release the rumored six core I5? 

I don't think they will but what they can do is to make L3, L2 cache a bit bigger and allow 2 core to be hyperthreaded (I hope that comes in future) and Ryzen is a serious player now and I personally love it for virtualization (I have shitty i5 6th gen and VM server :()

My Rig : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MTBd2R

My VM Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rPR6gL

My Backup Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cRQYYr

My Storage Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tzzR9W

My Router : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bMPN4C

My Laptop : Lenovo Z575 with 6 GB RAM (1866 MHz), Crucial MX300 525 GB & Western Digital 2 TB (Removed optical drive)

And it will become better than i5 ones developers start adopting it more and push games towards multiple cores. And wtf was Intel's pricing on i9 LOL do they not know how much ryzen costs? That's why I'm looking to upgrade to it.

6 minutes ago, domandric034 said:

I don't think they will but what they can do is to make L3, L2 cache a bit bigger and allow 2 core to be hyperthreaded (I hope that comes in future) and Ryzen is a serious player now and I personally love it for virtualization (I have shitty i5 6th gen and VM server :()

Yeah, I have the 1800x for workstation work and gaming. I do alot of contract work for companies building out new VM environments and new virtual architectures. Its incredible for what I am getting out of this. Well worth the $500. Heck the 1800x is on sale for $459 right now also!    

1 minute ago, Abyss Gaming said:

And it will become better than i5 ones developers start adopting it more and push games towards multiple cores. And wtf was Intel's pricing on i9 LOL do they not know how much ryzen costs? That's why I'm looking to upgrade to it.

That will be great if it happens. I feel like my 1800x has so much untapped potential left for gaming. 

CPU: Ryzen R7 1800x (4.0GHz) | AIO: Master Liquid Pro 240 | MOBO:  MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM

RAM:  Gskill TridentZ RGB 3200(16gb) | GPU: Evga FTW ACX  3.0 GTX 1080(2x)

SSD: Samsung Evo 250gb | HSSD: Seagate 2TB | Case: InWin 303 Black | PSU: Evga 210 1000w

Just now, SoloDolo said:

That will be great if it happens. I feel like my 1800x has so much untapped potential left for gaming. 

Because it does. It'll probably take a while tho, but you can never tell and they could surprise us...

Totally agree, I would give it a CPU of the year, or even CPU of the half decade award lol

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb