Oh the humanity

SOUTHwarrior

Because the school probably got a huge discount from Apple to use Macs and their agreement probably didn't mention that they have to use Mac OS, so the IT department installed Windows because all the software they have access to through the school was probably Windows based and switching every single program for all of the schools computers to Mac OS would have cost a ton of money.  I can also tell you right now that the IT department had literally no say in the matter, they were probably shaking their heads just like everyone else.  IT people get paid to do what they are told, not paid to make decisions.  Trust me, I work in IT :P

Edit:  Also, the newer Windows OS's (Windows 7, can't say about 8 since I refuse to use it) is a lot more secure than in the past.  The last several have also been very stable by comparison to old Windows, so you can't really say "Mac is more secure and stable" and have it be a meaningful argument for Apple these days because the line has blurred a bit.  Generally it's how you set up your OS that makes it secure or stable, not what the default out of the box settings are.  Combine that with the fact most users are idiots and there you go...

Your cushion has friends? Have you been diagnosed as a schizophrenic yet?

Totally unrelated, but do you change your avatar photo every freaking day??

Totally unrelated, but do you change your avatar photo every freaking day??

Whenever I feel like it needs a change.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/