Will be doing streaming, Is the Mod Mic 5 any good?

theminnesotanman

As the title states i was wondering if the mod mic 5 is any good? I have heard good things about it but will it give good audio for streaming purposes. If it matters i will be putting it on either the ATH-m50x's or the ATH-m70x's.

7 minutes ago, theminnesotanman said:

As the title states i was wondering if the mod mic 5 is any good? I have heard good things about it but will it give good audio for streaming purposes. If it matters i will be putting it on either the ATH-m50x's or the ATH-m70x's.

its ok, but if you have the budget get a blue snowball (iCE it really doesnt matter) and Neewer boom arm stand

i really like mine, however i needed to get a usb sound card(even those cheap $5 ones work) cuz it wasnt getting enough power through the motherboard audio.

it sounds great for stuff like voip, but if you really want to get into streaming, i suggest getting a blue snowballs like @Daniel Z. said, or the blue yeti if you have a little extra.

alternatively, if you're super cheap, you can get the zalman zm-mic1, which is similar to the modmic, but only costs $7. its better than most built in headset mics, and dirt cheap. although ive never personally used one, so i cant vouch for the quality, but from what ive seen, they sound okay.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

1 minute ago, Tsuki said:

i really like mine, however i needed to get a usb sound card(even those cheap $5 ones work) cuz it wasnt getting enough power through the motherboard audio.

it sounds great for stuff like voip, but if you really want to get into streaming, i suggest getting a blue snowballs like @Daniel Z. said, or the blue yeti if you have a little extra.

alternatively, if you're super cheap, you can get the zalman zm-mic1, which is similar to the modmic, but only costs $7. its better than most built in headset mics, and dirt cheap. although ive never personally used one, so i cant vouch for the quality, but from what ive seen, they sound okay.

9 minutes ago, Daniel Z. said:

its ok, but if you have the budget get a blue snowball (iCE it really doesnt matter) and Neewer boom arm stand

Here get these

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Snowball-iCE-Condenser-Microphone/dp/B014PYGTUQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1496378991&sr=1-1&keywords=blue+snowball

https://www.amazon.com/Adjustable-Microphone-Suspension-Broadcasting-Voice-Over/dp/B00DY1F2CS/ref=sr_1_4?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1496378991&sr=1-4&keywords=blue+snowball

3 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

ill prolly go with the yeti then :)

1 minute ago, theminnesotanman said:

ill prolly go with the yeti then :)

If you are really serious, get a nice microphone and audio interface. Scarletts are nice and the AT2020 is really good

Just now, Daniel Z. said:

If you are really serious, get a nice microphone and audio interface. Scarletts are nice and the AT2020 is really good

the fact of the matter is. I dont really want all that. If i can just get basic good audio thats all im after. I have looked at the at2020 and and the scarlet solo already and i just dont feel like spending that mcuh ona  mic and audio interface as well as a boom arm.

Just now, theminnesotanman said:

the fact of the matter is. I dont really want all that. If i can just get basic good audio thats all im after. I have looked at the at2020 and and the scarlet solo already and i just dont feel like spending that mcuh ona  mic and audio interface as well as a boom arm.

my setup was like 60 CAD for a snowball ice and mic stand, it sounds great. In case you don't know the USD/Canadian Rupeso exchange rate that would be 45 dollars.

Plenty of pro-streamers use the ModMic 5 as their primary mic. Many prefer it over the Snowball on both quality and size, specifically when it comes to background noise. I may be bias, but I'd recommend looking at some sound comparisons. Crit TV (Formerly Tek Syndicate) has a good one where they compare the ModMic 5 to the Yeti and AT2020 for instance.

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!