Horizontal red stripes on the side of my monitor

Wierzbak

So I've been watching a video on my PC and everything was fine, then I went for a walk for less than 2 hours and came back to this thing. It is monitor's fault, cause it is present even with HDMI cable detached. Are there any chances to fix this? Also, I think I remember it happened before, but I can't recall if I've somehow fixed it or if it went away on it's own. Thanks in advance.

Your monitor most likely is dying and how long have you had it?

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

Unplug it for a while and plug it back in?

Try a different cable AND different PC at the same time?

Try pressing around the bezels of the monitor?

Try doing a factory reset if there is one in the settings?

If none of those fixes it then it's probably dying and needs to be replaced.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

K, I have unplugged the power cable and left it like that overnight. And the problem is gone! Thanks for your advices, beatiful people ;)

• 7 months later...

Okay, so the problem came back shortly after I seemingly solved it in may. And it persisted. And I stopped caring about it, waiting for hi-res hi-freq g-sync monitors to get cheaper. But all of a sudden, just before christmas, it fixed itself. On my eyes. This red glare and ugly, ugly ghosting accompanying it disappeared suddenly, faster than a blink of an eye. And I was finally happy. Only to see it coming back as fast as it went away only few days ago. I'm super interested in what's really the problem, also seeing the monitor coming back to normal in a fraction of a second gives me hope, that this can be pernamently fixed. Any ideas?

Now I see, that there's an important detail I forgot to add. The area where this red glare is, has a major ghosting problem. Pixels burn in, and when I first launch a game after spending some time on facebook, I can still see my friendlist on the right for a while.