Twtich.tv Admin banning accounts

DarKnoob01

Hi, i'm not sure if this is the place to post this but, recently there has been a lot of drama around a twitch.tv admin "Horror" banning accounts and anyone that insults him after being called a "gay furry." The twitch.tv admins have also contacted the r/gaming mods and had them remove any threads talking about the situation. Here is a link to lots of the information http://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/1r2f1k/rip_in_peace_werster/cdj10be, as far as I know twitch.tv has yet to make a formal statement and seeing as Linus is twitch.tv partner, would it be possible for him or anyone else to explain the situation. 

thanks for the clarification, 

Hi, i'm not sure if this is the place to post this but, recently there has been a lot of drama around a twitch.tv admin "Horror" banning accounts and anyone that insults him after being called a "gay furry." The twitch.tv admins have also contacted the r/gaming mods and had them remove any threads talking about the situation. Here is a link to lots of the information http://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/1r2f1k/rip_in_peace_werster/cdj10be, as far as I know twitch.tv has yet to make a formal statement and seeing as Linus is twitch.tv partner, would it be possible for him or anyone else to explain the situation. 

thanks for the clarification, 

whut

Guys RUN and hide or else admins will hunt you down and ban you!

Dave agrees

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I'm not even sure who might have thought it is a good idea to attempt some wierd cenorship/ban spree being a company who is supported by people who despise it most and are most likely to spam the internetz about it. Especially when you target speedrunning community who appear to be pretty strong within twitch.

Wow this is insane. How can a company making a living on users and casters, behave in such an unprofessional way? Some internets geeks simply cannot handle the slightest of power, as they turn into fracking hitler. I am shocked, really.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

That sounds insane. If this is how twitch continues, I don't see anyone using it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

My Rig: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Gigabyte gtx 770 4gb, 8 gb Patriot Viper 2133 mhz, Corsair C70 (Black), EVGA Supernova 750g Modular PSU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard, Asus next gen wifi card.

I recently got flag bombed and was contected by him. He was 2 rude 4 me m8s

Paintball meet up KD 7(8?)/1 + one capture 

dat duckface doe 

Umm...if someone called me a "gay furry" I'd ban them too, what's the issue here?  People on Twitch.tv chat act like 12 years on Halo voice chat for the first time (or WoW Barrens chat).  If I was a Twitch.tv admin I'd ban people all over the place for innappropriate behavior.  People cross the line really fast and the channels themselves don't always do a very good job of having mods to keep it under control.  As far as I'm concerned there is nothing to see here...

Edit: Also, Twitch is free...it's not like anyone paid anything for it.  If you lost a channel sub for a month, guess you shouldn't have been a complete douche and gotten banned.

Umm...if someone called me a "gay furry" I'd ban them too, what's the issue here?  People on Twitch.tv chat act like 12 years on Halo voice chat for the first time (or WoW Barrens chat).  If I was a Twitch.tv admin I'd ban people all over the place for innappropriate behavior.  People cross the line really fast and the channels themselves don't always do a very good job of having mods to keep it under control.  As far as I'm concerned there is nothing to see here...

Edit: Also, Twitch is free...it's not like anyone paid anything for it.  If you lost a channel sub for a month, guess you shouldn't have been a complete douche and gotten banned.

this genius right here.

So what everyone thinks is this? It is okay to harass someone and break the rules? Grrr. There is a thread already in off topic about this subject, btw, http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/78471-twitch-is-banning-admin-critics/

By the way, read the darn Terms of Service and Code of Conduct you agree to when you use Twitch to stream or use the service to watch someone stream.

Do you honestly think it is okay, really? Would you do these harassing behaviors to your boss, or someone in a position over you? I think not. Jeez, people and morals these days. This says a lot about our culture, and how far it has slid down hill from just a few years ago.