Should I buy a SNES

OfficialNate

The CRTs are huge and heavier than they look, I wouldn't bother unless you have a lot of space or really want to play light gun games. An LCD with an S-Video input will suffice unless you get seriously into retro gaming.

But a proper SNES definitely, playing it on the original hardware adds to the experience. Heads up though, the battery in the carts can die meaning no saving. The batteries are soldered on to the board so if you're not confident with a soldering iron you'll either have to learn, or find a local retro game store who can replace it.

Don't ask these kind of questions on LTT.

Super Famicom.

I do have a RP3 and it's not even close to the real thing. Neither is any kind of emulation on other systems. There's a reason why there's a guy trying to redump each and every SNES game.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

If you do get one, make sure to remove the braces from inside the cartridge slot, itll allow you to play famicom games as well.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

No dude, I love the SNES, it's probably my favorite console of all time but don't go there man. The SNES itself can be purchased for cheap (cheaper than $100), but the prices on some of the better games is just INSANE. I'd only get into it if you have money coming out of your butt, if not I'd just go with the Pi route. Not that I'm advocating piracy but I totally kind of am in a shameless way.

13 hours ago, Seamonster420 said:

No dude, I love the SNES, it's probably my favorite console of all time but don't go there man. The SNES itself can be purchased for cheap (cheaper than $100), but the prices on some of the better games is just INSANE. I'd only get into it if you have money coming out of your butt, if not I'd just go with the Pi route. Not that I'm advocating piracy but I totally kind of am in a shameless way.

Some of games are very expensive, but most aren't as long as you don't want them boxed. The Mario games, Zelda, Street fighter 2 sold in such large numbers there are plenty about and hence cheap. Yes Earthbound, Chronotrigger and the Megaman X games are incredibly expensive, but they are in the minority.

I would look for a store that's local.
I'm not sure where you're located but you can get them for around $50usd in tennessee.
But beyond price, my local gamestore offers an extended warranty in case it breaks down right after you buy it.

Higher frame rate over higher resolution.

CPU-i5 4690k -GPU-MSI 970 sli -Mobo-MSI g45 gaming -Memory-16gb crucial ballistix -PSU- EVGA 80+ gold g2 850w -Case- corsair 200r

Monitors- Acer XB240H, Asus ROG Swift, Dell P2815Q 2160p  -Keyboard- Corsair k70 RGB -Mouse- Corsair M65 -Mouse Pad- Glorious Extended Pad -Headphone- BeyerDynamic DT990 250ohm, Senheiser HD 518, Fiio E10k