Problems with my rx 460

Duksaaa

@Mr_Random_Guy I'm saving up for a new motherboard,cpu,ram my idea was maybe the pci-e 1.0 is not delivering enough power and a new mobo should fix that.

@STRMfrmXMN I have tried that yes I put a pentium E2200 back when I had my old crappy psu and tested crysis 2 it didn't crash but the framerates were terrible and when I put my core 2 quad back in it started again.The motherboard supports the core 2 quad series and there are bios updates but I tried updating a different motherboard and I bricked it so I'm afraid to try it with this one because it's the only one I got.

Hang on you know you said the 460 doesn't require external power, doesn't the sapphire model have a 6 pin connector anyway? You have plugged that in right?

Here are some screenshots from Open Hardware Monitor if you guys find it helpful.

ohm 1.png

ohm 2.png

Wait so you tried the 460 in another system and it didn't crash? But when you put your new CPU back in it did crash?

11 minutes ago, Duksaaa said:

@Mr_Random_Guy I have please look at my previous replies.

So it works in a different system with a different PSU but not in your system with the PSU you were having problems with?

I guess it might be a good idea to try using the PSU from the PC that worked correctly, plugging it into the Core 2 Quad system, and seeing if the problem goes away.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

@STRMfrmXMN I used my old psu in the pentium pc as well.I was running with my old psu untill like 1 week ago when i bought the new one the issue was still there with my old one.

15 minutes ago, Duksaaa said:

@STRMfrmXMN I used my old psu in the pentium pc as well.I was running with my old psu untill like 1 week ago when i bought the new one the issue was still there with my old one.

Hmmm

It seems like your GPU might be defective, my friend.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

2 hours ago, Duksaaa said:

The PSU is brand new I just bought it thinking it would solve the issue.

Maybe because of the motherboard's performance in delivering power (like crosshair does it best)

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

10 hours ago, Duksaaa said:

The problem I'm having is when I'm playing games they will randomly crash and the only successful solution I've found is to downclock my card and reduce the power limit,but that reduces my performance.I have tried running it without the overclock,taking out HDD and fans,but the problem still doesn't go away.

What kind of crash? Does the screen freeze then after a bit go back saying Radeon Settings have been restored, or does the screen go black and you have to restart, or does it just restart immediately like that.

Generally speaking I wouldn't call the VP500 dangerous, it's not good but it's not a bomb. Could you shoot us a photo of the PSU's side where it's got a load table? That way I can identify it because there are actually two PSUs out there that are both named VP500

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

8 hours ago, Duksaaa said:

@STRMfrmXMN A sad day to be team red :/

Well it's not like Nvidia cards have magically lower failure chances :P

Sorry for the bad luck though.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR